Do Not Sell My Personal Information

From celica gt to corolla 1.6

Bonezee155

Morning everyone. 

Having tangled with a double decker bus in my 2005 (67k)celica GT and having it written off.,i decided I would get myself a cheap run around. 

The theory is to save for a while to get my dream day to day car, but not sure what that is yet? 

Bought a very tidy 2004 (64k) corolla 16 T3 spirit. It drives superbly, very smooth indeed. It had been sitting for a few weeks so brakes were a bit sticky and on inspection it could do with a brake service all round. 

But having been a celica driver I realised that I know nothing really about this car? 

What I would like to know is what gen it is, what engine code this vvti has and also what should I be looking for problem wise? Didn't spot any problems when viewing but sure some will crop up on a 16 year old car? 

Many thanks in advance. 

IMG_20210125_130840.jpg

Wow, thats some fancy metal work you did there ! 

Though written off insuramce wise , do you still have it  and is it repairable or is the chassis actually twisted /damaged.

Your 2004 T3 1.6 should be  3ZZEE  E12 with timing chain, though it could be either the pre or post 2004 post lift, basically just a slight difference on the front end.

No real problems other than typical maintenance,  though some models back to 2002 do seem to suffer from a blocked heater matrix, though assume yours is working ok in this cold weather.

Do check with the Toyota online recall checker to see if the airbag recall is  due.

Can recommend the Haynes Toyota Corolla 2002 -on  manual which covers all day to day servicing and most typical repairs, purchase online.

Not repairable unfortunately. Very twisted I'm afraid.

Think it's the facelift version. Heater and aircon work fine just binding brake where it's been sitting for a while. Getting brakes done on Wednesday at my brother in laws garage.

Pretty clean car for its age. 

Very sad to see another generation 7 off the road.  The face lift model was/is a really good car. As long as you are OK.

Is that the Celica that has the engine Lotus used?   2ZZ-GE ?

On 01/02/2021 at 6:55 PM, Timh21 said:

Is that the Celica that has the engine Lotus used?   2ZZ-GE ?

Yep

On 01/02/2021 at 6:30 PM, Bos said:

Very sad to see another generation 7 off the road.  The face lift model was/is a really good car. As long as you are OK.

Thanks. 

All good apart from a bad back. 

Could have been worse.