Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help with valuation please

justkeith

I’ve made it known to a few friends that I’m considering parting with my cherished Surf.  One of them has expressed a keen interest but I don’t know how much to ask for it and he has no idea what to offer. 
Please help - can anyone out there suggest a fair price for the following ? : 

Hilux Surf 3.0TD AUTO SSR G 1996, Light Blue/Silver paintwork, immaculate blue/grey fabric interior

4 cylinder, diesel / vegetable oil, with intercooler

Turns on a sixpence

Five perfect Goodrich 265/75/R16 tyres

All the usual extras such as five electric windows, rear reversing mirror, wood dash, tinted rear windows, compass and altimeter, rear heater, etc, etc

Full service history.  Mileage at last test in September : 189,211 .  No image since this is not an ad.  Thank you all.

Put the reg into webuyanycar.com that will give you a rough trade value

A quick google £1500 - £2200 anything up to £3400 for a mint low mile one on a dealer's lot - private - under £1200

TBH the prices seem to be all over the place

• Thanks 1

I'd put it somewhere in the 1-1.5k window..as nice as it might be, IMO the mileage kills it when it comes to value.

Depends what he's prepared to pay...and how much/little you are prepared to accept.?

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2021 at 1:34 PM, flash22 said:

Put the reg into webuyanycar.com that will give you a rough trade value

A quick google £1500 - £2200 anything up to £3400 for a mint low mile one on a dealer's lot - private - under £1200

TBH the prices seem to be all over the place

Thank you both so much for your quick replies - valuations a bit disappointing (I guess we all reckon our precious vehicles are worth more than they actually are!), but fair and honest, which is what I asked for.  Much appreciated. 😊

tbf it's a big vehicle, in the current situation people are downsizing or are just not doing the mileage, i see one with lower miles sell for £3700, but it was speced up with off road items

• Thanks 1

Absolutely, and that's just what I'm doing:  downsizing and changing to petrol.  At least, that's the plan!  Thank you again for your responses, they are genuinely helpful.

Hi there interested in the hilux surf. Sent you a message in fact with my contact details if thats ok as it seems like the motor im looking for.

Regards Billy

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2021 at 2:01 PM, justkeith said:

Thank you both so much for your quick replies - valuations a bit disappointing (I guess we all reckon our precious vehicles are worth more than they actually are!), but fair and honest, which is what I asked for.  Much appreciated. 😊

Let me know

Hello Billy, I've been unable to track down your message, probably because I'm new to the forum format and don't quite know where to look!  I'm in the process of calculating a price based on responses to far and the amount of parts replaced during my Surf's major service in September last year.  If you can point me in the direction of the message mentioned in your post dated yesterday, I'll get back to you.  Many thanks

9 minutes ago, justkeith said:

I'm in the process of calculating a price based on responses to far and the amount of parts replaced during my Surf's major service in September last year. 

Just bear in mind that any replaced parts will have little or no "value" when it comes to a selling price...it may just make it easier to sell though.

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, justkeith said:

Hello Billy, I've been unable to track down your message, probably because I'm new to the forum format and don't quite know where to look!  I'm in the process of calculating a price based on responses to far and the amount of parts replaced during my Surf's major service in September last year.  If you can point me in the direction of the message mentioned in your post dated yesterday, I'll get back to you.  Many thanks

Hi there Keith. It should be on the top right. A little envelope sign . Click on it. 

or just drop me a text on 07999765029. Will be easier as thats my number. Some pics would be fab

Also the amount of parts that you purchase to fit etc the surf would not have an influence on the price of sale. It just helps the new buyer decide on a future plan to whether the surf will need it in the future. 

Regards Billy. Genuine Toyota buyer and collector

• 8 months later...

Front or rear ? Front i take it ? Have you checked the bushes ? Are the subframe bolts ok ?