Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Mk2 2006 1.0 : Mpg figures at 50 , 60 , 70 mph

trufflehunt

Hi

Does anyone know, or have a link for the mpg figures for the Mk 2 Yaris 1.0  at speeds  50, 60 and 70 mph ?

And where is the 'sweet spot' for mpg around those speeds ?

I've only owned mine for a few months, and am still trying to get my head around it.

My experience says 56mph is the most efficient for mpg purposes.

• Like 2

There are so many variables (from tire pressure to what you had for dinner the night before) that it's impossible to give you a number

The faster you go the more air resistance  - more fuel you burn - lower the mpg (simplified example)

Edit. The difference between 50 and 70 mph will be 25-30% more fuel

• Like 1

Any speed over 62mph will reduce fuel efficiency significantly as per aerodynamics. Smaller engine cars are better suited for lower speeds where bigger engines cars are designed for motorway cruising and can deliver better performance and efficiency at higher speeds. 1.0 engine think about 50-60 mph for best results. 👍

24 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Any speed over 62mph will reduce fuel efficiency significantly as per aerodynamics. Smaller engine cars are better suited for lower speeds where bigger engines cars are designed for motorway cruising and can deliver better performance and efficiency at higher speeds. 1.0 engine think about 50-60 mph for best results. 👍

It`s called experience Tony as you know and some people can`t get it, sadly.

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

👍