Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hilux Surf Back Window Key

madthindle

I am having a problem with my Hilux Surf back window, it will open and close fine from inside the cab but will not open or close if I use the key at the back door, any suggestions will he greatly appreciated, Thanks

Think you can discount a fuse if the front switch is working.  Try putting the window half down by the switch then try the key either up or down. If the key is not working in any direction its most likely a case of the ground wire to the key switch failing, or the key switch itself has failed (less likely as the key normally starts failing one direction or becomes glitchy with bad contacts).

Not sure about accessing this key lock easily, but google 2nd gen 4 runner rear window key schematic etc. and you might find a forum post explaining how to remove the barrel lock to test.

Hope this helps !

Darrie 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links