Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No plate bulb change

Timh21

This is what happens when you have too much time on your hands 😂

The only exterior non LED bulbs are these, and the yellowness was affecting my OCD so they had to go,  pic shows difference

y4mNz7zfCp8082ByqkBCkOZLDdjGUaUpCx5gWZWl

• Like 1

Good job, which bulbs have used, many people are interested to swap theirs too. 👍

10 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Good job, which bulbs have used, many people are interested to swap theirs too. 👍

I just went for the basic ones, these from Halfrauds

y4m6bxMdgSpa2rjGE9Ils7eBGSpigxHUWOUYbH61

• Thanks 1

Did you change them in Halfords car park.  Was it an easy job?

9 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Did you change them in Halfords car park.  Was it an easy job?

I did, easy is a relative term, easy for me. Im pretty mechanically minded. (Ex Motor Trade). Its possible that the bulbs could be changed with the lamp holders in place, the black plastic trim clips in/out ( Little cutout either side, very small flat blade in and press in to release clip). The actual lens also just clips to the lamp body, but space isnt great, so I removed the inner trim from the tailgate and released the whole lamp assy from inside. Again pretty straightforward, trim just pulls away and clips back in. 

PS: This is Touring Sport, Hatch may be different?

It’s easy to break them too and they cost £40 each. I manage to do that already 😂, best to push the whole thing out and separate the lens as explained, I broke mine when was pushing it out, perhaps my one is cooked as been lighting for many years. 

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

It’s easy to break them too and they cost £40 each. I manage to do that already 😂, best to push the whole thing out and separate the lens as explained, I broke mine when was pushing it out, perhaps my one is cooked as been lighting for many years. 

£40 for what ?  Was it the whole fitting ?

I changed my NP bulbs of y previous car with no Cambus impact.  However I had to change them at least twice as one bulb kept failing.  Remember too that the new bulbs should have an E marking to be legal though it is not checked on MOT.

33 minutes ago, billmuirca2 said:

£40 for what ?  Was it the whole fitting ?

Yes all together from Toyota. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

I changed my NP bulbs of y previous car with no Cambus impact.  However I had to change them at least twice as one bulb kept failing.  Remember too that the new bulbs should have an E marking to be legal though it is not checked on MOT.

Yep, I wouldnt have been surprised If Id got a bulb error but didnt thankfully.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links