Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

IQ bumper replacement

danielg4455

I've recently acquired a Toyota IQ, however the front bumper has about 5 big cracks in it. I would guess £80 to repair and probably another £100 odd to paint. 

I can't seem to find a used OEM Toyota bumper in good condition and looking on eBay there's some knaquered ones going for around £100 which seems crazy against the cost of new. 

I'm stuck in two minds whether to get a new genuine one from Toyota for just under £200, or get a new insurance approved one off eBay for around £80 delivered. 

Heres the one I found: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-iQ-2009-ON-FRONT-BUMPER-INSURANCE-APPROVED-READY-TO-PAINT-NEW-/224212251366?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Doubt mine is worth the effort of repairing and then get painted again. 

Has anyone gone down the aftermarket route and can recommend one? Hate to order one and I end up with a dreadful fit and panel gaps. 

Or am I better off spending more to get the genuine one directly from Toyota? 

Any input appreciated 

Go with the oem one, pattern parts rarely fit perfectly and usually require more prep and fettling to get them right

Yeah that's what I was thinking, going down the OEM path is the easiest option. 

Unless someone on here can recommend a tried and tested alternative? My car needs a few bits & pieces and want to keep the costs down to a minimum.

I have needed various IQ bits and its near on impossible to get any used parts from a scrappy or these salvage search sites , its crazy but I've found its actually cheaper to buy brand new parts from Toyota 

I agree with you Daniel, I too have found parts hard to get hold of.

What parts are you wanting? 

I might need a new slam panel and the top panel, along with the plastic clip-on surround.

Definitely need to order a new bumper from somewhere ? Poss get direct from Toyota

I did need a bonnet latch mechanism, rear wiper arm - got both off eBay

Also needed washer bottle & air filter housing - ordered from Toyota directly as was cheaper than buying used.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links