Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led replacement bulbs

John higgins

I am picking up my new toyota rav4 hybrid in march, and i am considering replacing the indicator,reversing bulbs to led canbus bulbs.

Anyone tried this, this model launched in 2019. Thanks

Was it straight forward, no problem with electric systems.

37 minutes ago, John higgins said:

Was it straight forward, no problem with electric systems.

Yes no problems at all, very easy to do also, the reverse bulbs are very bright too, for the indicators I just used normal bulbs with a silver coating though to loose that orange look. 

Thanks for that, i will go ahead when i get the car.

9 hours ago, 182_blue said:

Yes no problems at all, very easy to do also, the reverse bulbs are very bright too, for the indicators I just used normal bulbs with a silver coating though to loose that orange look. 

Think you may have trouble at your first MOT, or the men in blue in the meantime. They are orange for a reason.

Think!  Why do all motor manufacturers have orange indicators on the four corners of the vehicles they sell in the uk?
Check out “The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

Think you may have trouble at your first MOT, or the men in blue in the meantime. They are orange for a reason.

Think!  Why do all motor manufacturers have orange indicators on the four corners of the vehicles they sell in the uk?

I don't Think! I will have an issue at all, you do realise that they are only silver when off and go orange when illuminated don't you?, they are also marked as fully road legal and MOT friendly, if a MOT tester did have an issue (I have no idea why he would) then I would simply put the old ones back in as its a simple 1 minute job for both. 

Screenshot_20210203-082255_Chrome.jpg

No, I didn’t realise they silver when they off and orange when on. Thanks for informing me, just shows how often I have had to change bulbs👍

35 minutes ago, Catlover said:

No, I didn’t realise they silver when they off and orange when on. Thanks for informing me, just shows how often I have had to change bulbs. 👍

Perhaps "Check out “The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989” before posting 😂😂🤣

• Haha 1

On 2/3/2021 at 7:01 AM, Catlover said:

They still flash orange, it's just that you can't see that orange reflection through the clear lense when they're off. Got mine for years, no problem with MOT whatsoever. 

28 minutes ago, Kos_ta said:

They still flash orange, it's just that you can't see that orange reflection through the clear lense when they're off. Got mine for years, no problem with MOT whatsoever. 

Thanks, I didn’t realise they flashed orange, I can see the appeal in fitting them now.

• Like 1

Hi. Anybody got any idea what the bulb code letter/numbers would be for the complete rear end of the 2020 Rav 4 ?
Thanks in advance

Terry.

1 hour ago, Terry10 said:

Hi. Anybody got any idea what the bulb code letter/numbers would be for the complete rear end of the 2020 Rav 4 ?
Thanks in advance

Terry.

It's all in the manual ,page 604 on the downloaded version.