Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 4 RAV4 Mud Flaps

gavioliuk

With this "dirty" weather do mud flaps make a difference?

I read somewhere that they could not be fitted on all four wheels.  Is this correct?  ie ether front or back is a problem?  I have side steps fitted.

I am considering Toyota ones fitted at my dealer for convenience at the service coming up.

Thank you

I fitted some to my corolla piece of cake to fit them thought it would help to stop dirt and spray on the hatchback but it didn’t, got them from Toyota parts direct ( fish brothers)  £39.14 for all four and fitting instructions included.

someone else on the forum has fitted them to a rav 4 can’t remember who try searching for rav4 mud flaps within in the forum.

• Like 1

We are picking up our 2017 Rav tomorrow and that has mudflaps and if it didnt then it would be getting them. Now all we need are front seat covers to mud and dirt from them but INKA don't appear to do anything for Toyota so looking for alternatives, i will post my own thread don't want to hi-jack.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, gavioliuk said:

With this "dirty" weather do mud flaps make a difference?

I read somewhere that they could not be fitted on all four wheels.  Is this correct?  ie ether front or back is a problem?  I have side steps fitted.

I am considering Toyota ones fitted at my dealer for convenience at the service coming up.

Thank you

It used to be the case, and may well still be, that the fitted side steps got in the way of fitting mud flaps to the front wheel arches. Your dealer will know whether there is an issue. Some members 'adapted' the front mud flaps to fit ...

With my SR180 I had side steps fitted - they made excellent mud flaps but otherwise got in the way. With my 4.4 and 4.5 I've stuck with the mud flaps - but the side steps would probably have made a better job of keeping the side clean ... 😉

• Like 1

The side steps get pretty caked underneath but keep it cleaner. Remember to jet wash under the steps. Steps do not fit with the mud flaps.

• Like 1

I got the OEM mud flaps, front and back for my Mk4 2017 Rav4.

20 min to put them on (no side steps) and they do make a difference. 

Less dirt on my car and the drivers behind me probably have less dirt on their cars as well 🙂

I got them on eBay - I think they were e35 for a set.  

IMG_20200910_165418.jpg

IMG_20200910_165433.jpg

• Like 2