Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transfer box, actuator 1996 Hilux, Surf, kzn 185.

Andy Wright

I have just had a brand new actuator fitted, but the 4x4 does not engage,everything has been checked, i was wondering, if there is an E.C.U. that controls the actuator, and where it is located.

Edited by Andy Wright
Missed word.

It does work, but it doesn't stay, in 4 wheel drive. The mechanic who fitted it, tried everything, but wanted to test the actuator,but couldn't. The unit is brand new,we just wanted to know if there is an E.C.U. that controls it.??

• 1 year later...
On 2/4/2021 at 4:34 PM, Andy Wright said:

I have just had a brand new actuator fitted, but the 4x4 does not engage,everything has been checked, i was wondering, if there is an E.C.U. that controls the actuator, and where it is located.

Hi Andy, I am in need of a new actuator for my kzn 185. Can I ask where you purchased yours from and the cost please

When you say actuator, do you mean the vacume operated solenoid, or the ecu,which is under the passeger side dashboard. (right hand drive)

Andy

• 7 months later...

Hello, I am in need of parts for the 4wd actuator as well. Where did you buy it?

Thanks Andy