Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beeps and Warnings

mizunoman

Much fun during lockdown working out what's new or disappeared from the Auris to the Corolla:

New: two rapid beeps while driving - not speed camera, speed warning or lane crossing

Disappeared: verbal warning when speed limit exceeded

Any thoughts?

Never had an Auris, so dont know about verbal warning.  Im sure Ive had the two rapid beeps though and I too had no idea what it was about?

1 hour ago, mizunoman said:

Much fun during lockdown working out what's new or disappeared from the Auris to the Corolla:

New: two rapid beeps while driving - not speed camera, speed warning or lane crossing

Any thoughts?

I get 2 rapid bleeps telling me that there IS a speed camera coming up. The spare wheel disappeared, So did the manual handbrake. Manual control of auto headlights also gone. If these were put back on the Corolla it would be a half decent car.😁

3 hours ago, mizunoman said:

Any thoughts?

I get 2 rapid beeps soon after I start off if the outside temperature is 3C or below to warn of possible ice. Usually, you are busy manoeuvring, and have just set off, so not in a position to immediately look at the instrument panel, and the alert has gone before you get a chance to do so. Maybe it is that? It baffled me a few times, until it did it when I could safely look at the panel, and saw the warning, which goes after a few seconds.

Verbal speed limit warning would drive me mad. My Garmin in the other vehicle beeps incessantly as you waver around the speed limit, annoying any passengers as well (when we were allowed to have some!). So if the Corolla had voice alert, that would be another thing I would switch off fast as possible.

• Like 1

No, it's not speed cameras ..... I've sussed that one out and the camera sign didn't appear on the sat nav ....

9 hours ago, mizunoman said:

No, it's not speed cameras ..... I've sussed that one out and the camera sign didn't appear on the sat nav ....

I agree mate, can you remember, did you have cruise on at the time? I sort of recall maybe getting a double beep when I had cruise on and the car ran away down a hill briefly before slowing itself?

I don't think so ...... but I'll try it again.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for having to ask a question thar may have an obvious answer, but IS it possible to turn off speed camera beeps? Nothing obvious in settings, and the handbook is completely useless. Corolla 2.0 hybrid 2019 with software updated June this year - that's when the problem started.

MANY thanks. Another example of Toyota's lack of logic.