Do Not Sell My Personal Information

12v battery maintenance

FROSTYBALLS

Probably the OBD2 socket which is usually at the lower edge of the dash close to the driver's knee.

23 hours ago, Wrighty69 said:

I have been in contact with Toyota and they said "get a solar charger that plugs into the DL3 diagnostic socket and that will charge the battery with the ignition off".

Now I just need to locate the DL3 Diagnostic Socket and a suitable solar charger.

I bought a standard solar panel from Amazon and an adaptor from Halfords (also available elsewhere) : https://www.halfords.com/motoring/battery-maintenance/battery-accessories/ring-obd-power-cable-for-solar-battery-maintainers-983932.html

There is an Obd port on the bottom of the RH day on my '21 model, but to date I haven't tried using it as I've been using my car enough to not have any trouble yet 🤞

Colin

22 hours ago, ColinB said:

I bought a standard solar panel from Amazon and an adaptor from Halfords (also available elsewhere) : https://www.halfords.com/motoring/battery-maintenance/battery-accessories/ring-obd-power-cable-for-solar-battery-maintainers-983932.html

There is an Obd port on the bottom of the RH day on my '21 model, but to date I haven't tried using it as I've been using my car enough to not have any trouble yet 🤞

Colin

Appreciate the info on this thanks, I didn’t know these charging connectors existed. We sometimes take long holidays away, when my car remains unused for 4 to 6 weeks at a time. With other makes of cars I had before getting the RAV4, I’ve lifted the bonnet and connected my solar charger directly across the Battery. I won’t have to now!