Do Not Sell My Personal Information

12v battery maintenance

3 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Tony, have you look to see if there is a date? 

I didn’t see any date on. On Amazon website says first available date February 2020. 👍

7 minutes ago, ACameron said:

That is fine if you want to spend £99.  You dont need anything that powerful to kick into life a Toyota hybrid.  Notice it will start a 6 litre petrol or a 3 litre diesel, you are not even turning an engine in a Toyota hybrid...... you are firing up a computer and a few other important bits, none of which needs anything so beefy.  Save money and get something for around £40-£50

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Catlover said:

That is fine if you want to spend £99.  You dont need anything that powerful to kick into life a Toyota hybrid.  Notice it will start a 6 litre petrol or a 3 litre diesel, you are not even turning an engine in a Toyota hybrid...... you are firing up a computer and a few other important bits, none of which needs anything so beefy.  Save money and get something for around £40-£50

👍

6 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Agree though I got a powerful one https://gooloo.uk/collections/titan-series/products/gp2000-red?variant=39745794998351 for £52

1 minute ago, Spo2 said:

Thats fine, Sol, if you can get a £129.99 unit for £52.  Just show what profit margins there are.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from 14 day holiday. Left car on my drive with the AA Solar Panel model AA4185 connected via OBD connector. 12 volt Battery at start of hols was 12.4 volts. 

Checked again on returning before starting the car, and level was 12.1 volts. So, with the aid of the panel it dropped only 0.3 volts in that time. I guess the panel is worth using in that case,  and at only £24 is worth the money.

I wonder how low the Battery needs to go before we start getting key entry probs etc. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

I've just collected a 2yr old Corolla hybrid, dealer drove it from the back, we got the paperwork done and sat there to do my settings etc and.....12v Battery wouldn't even engage the the parking break. They replaced it foc rather than charge it.