Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Random Beeping

Mark TC

I have a 2012 Avensis. It has started giving what seem to be random double-beeps from the driver side door when driving around. I've only noticed it driving in town, not on motorways. It's intermittent - so maybe happens twice on, say, a four mile journey. Any ideas?

Sounds like the speed camera warning. Does it coincide with approaching a speed or traffic light camera, or at least where one used to be? It could be years out of date if the satnav maps haven't been updated recently.

That might account for the apparently random nature of the beeps yes. Thanks.

So next question of course is can I turn off the beeps? I've been through just about every setting I can think of, and couldn't see a way of doing so.

My recollection is that you can via a settings menu in the radio/satnav unit, but I was happy to let my continue doing it (hardly any speed cameras round here anyway) so I left it alone.

• 1 year later...

I used to have a 2012 avensis and it was the standard model so I put the original head unit in it and the camera alert double beep was working. But now I have a 2014 avensis (again standard model) and I fitted the original head unit but the camera alert beep isn’t working. Any ideas? Could it be because the sat Nav is not downloaded/uploaded? 
thanks in advance

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links