Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CarPlay constantly crashing

Valeriecherish

I bought a Toyota Aygo 2020 and I’ve always had problems with CarPlay since the beginning. It starts normally, the music and the maps work fine, but after some time (it could be 1 minute or 15) it crashes, it doesn’t simply disconnect, the whole screen crashes. One day I reset me definitions and it worked. Yesterday I upgraded to the new iOS 14.4 and now it’s not working again, it crashes seconds before. What can I do? Buying this car was the worst decision of my life and I couldn’t regret it more

Being a 2020 model, it will still be under the new car warranty - has it been back to the dealer for investigation?

• Like 2

My 2020 x-clusiv works reliably with CarPlay on my iPhone 11 Pro, and I'm always running the latest beta versions of iOS (currently 14.5).

Something is wrong with the head unit in your Aygo, crashing isn't correct or normal behaviour - go back to the dealer and get it sorted under warranty.

17 hours ago, Valeriecherish said:

What can I do? Buying this car was the worst decision of my life and I couldn’t regret it more

Technically its a fault with the car, although the Aygo itself is fantastic and don't for a minute feel like that. 1000s of Aygos are produced, and some manufacturing faults are bound to slip through the net. Just take it to the toyota garage, its under warranty.

The only problems I’ve had with CarPlay on a 2020 Aygo is a corroded lightning connector which led to some crashes, otherwise it has worked flawlessly.  Try a new cable, otherwise as has been said, ask the dealer to investigate.

• Like 1

I collected my 2020 Aygo x-Trend just before Christmas, and had exactly the same problem.  CarPlay would crash the display every 1 min.  My phone is a iPhone XS Max with the latest release iOS.  The strange thing was, every other iPhone in the house worked perfectly.  CarPlay also worked perfectly in the family car with my phone. 

I searched the net and found a few forum posts that suggested logging out of iCloud and back in again on the phone solved the problem.  It seemed to work for some, but not all on the thread.   However it worked for me.  Since then my Aygo CarPlay has worked flawlessly. 

A word of warning, a load of my settings got mixed up on the iPhone and iPad so something was strange with my Apple account.  I had to recheck all the settings at get iMessage working properly again.  

• 6 months later...

I had the same problem which intermittently happened usually after a software update usually around every 10. mins although after update ios15 beta it was every minute. I have tried logging out of iCloud and back in again and it now seems to be OK.