Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help determining part and name

Aurisowner1239

Hi

i own an Auris 2015 icon and was wondering if anyone can help with a query. On the top of the dash at the back where the air vent is, there is a small raised circular plastic plug or clip (I’m not sure) just to the right and left - there are two of these but one looks like it is missing. Does anyone know the name of this part? 

Thanks

55B7EDBF-68BE-40EA-A73E-24A67E15CF4C.jpeg

F22D9A76-48E8-48B6-A774-62C484338E3F.jpeg

Dusk sensor for auto lights, do you have an automatic lights on your car? Seems like in your case these are just covers and there is no sensor installed. 

I was going to say an infra red sensor for detecting heat from sunlight... used with climate control to give rapid response to changing conditions of sun and cloud. I believe they are called 'sunload sensors'.

Thanks for the replies guys

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Dusk sensor for auto lights, do you have an automatic lights on your car? Seems like in your case these are just covers and there is no sensor installed. 

That’s great - will need to check that out. Do you know where I could get the blank cover for the left side?

It might be temp sensor too, but whatever is it’s not there originally as we can see the plastic cut out is still attached, Toyota dealer is only option to buy or scrap yard as these are only oem parts. 👍

I just looked on my Auris (2010) and it has just the fitted on the passenger side of the dash, there is just a hole on the right side. On mine it is for the climate control.

If it's on the drivers side (RHD) it's the sun load sensor (thermistor) eg. 88625-51010

The other side is for an anti theft warning light - fitted in other markets

I don't think there is a blanking cap for it - but i will have a look

The warning light in a Vitz (yaris) also fitted to the US corolla (note. no blanking cap)

http://modetourer.blog55.fc2.com/blog-entry-208.html?sp

Part number. 81850-52010

Edit. The part can be found in the Verso-S 2011 - 14, Jap built mk2 Yaris 2006-10 and the Urban Cruiser 2009-14