Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 toyota avensis change rear brake pads

2009joe

hello quick question i have read a few things online that the car needs to be calibrated again when putting in new break pads in the rear its got one of those epb  .is this better just to leave into the shop for to be done or can i do them myself do you guys think. my other cars i have always changed the discs and pads with no problems .if you good people on here have any advice would be great.i have not done anything yet to them just wanted a bit of info from you guys first 

hello again im not sure if anyone came across this problem but i have bought a autel md802 all system and it has  the epb option i have updated all the updates and it dose all cars .i wonder have you guys ever use these to put in new brake pads that can calibrate the epb without a fault after would be great if you guys could tell me if you guys tried it and what do i need to do i see it says something about keeping the battey on charge i have a Battery charger but if i do get a flat Battery i disconnect it from the car as i dont want to fry anything when charging the Battery and if connected to the car

Don't use anything other than Techstream to calibrate your rear brakes, or you will semi 'brick the EPB!! All you will do is delete the zero point calibrations and get a couple of codes. 

I and another member have done that exact problem. I had to use Techstream with a cable I already had, to get the EPB back to working order. 
Read the following - 

7 hours ago, Konrad C said:

Don't use anything other than Techstream to calibrate your rear brakes, or you will semi 'brick the EPB!! All you will do is delete the zero point calibrations and get a couple of codes. 

I and another member have done that exact problem. I had to use Techstream with a cable I already had, to get the EPB back to working order. 
Read the following - 

will i loose the zero point of my epb if i use my autel md 802 to wind out the piston to change the pads and use the autel to wind the piston back out then push the breaks to harden up the breaks then only should i push the handbrake button .will that way loose my zero point i convincing myself that i will wreck the breaks and epb .im thinking is this procedure really hard i might as well put ne rear discs on as well .my discs are ok 

8 hours ago, Konrad C said:

Read the following - 

sorry to bother you again by can could you tell me the right steps i should do to change break pads.when i used to change my reap pads before on other cars i always cleaned around the calibers with a wire brush and if the pads were tight i always filed them down to they were nice and not tight then i used to put coper grease around the pads and the pins that goes in and out.i have seen something online to if i take to long the car will scan and then automatically switch on that the piston comes out again there is a certan time to complete putting in new pads 

14 hours ago, 2009joe said:

sorry to bother you again by can could you tell me the right steps i should do to change break pads.when i used to change my reap pads before on other cars i always cleaned around the calibers with a wire brush and if the pads were tight i always filed them down to they were nice and not tight then i used to put coper grease around the pads and the pins that goes in and out.i have seen something online to if i take to long the car will scan and then automatically switch on that the piston comes out again there is a certan time to complete putting in new pads 

I have on your other post - 

• Like 1