Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi toyota yaris verso 1.3 2002 help

garysnooker

Moved to the Yaris club.

Does it crank ? When was the car last used ? Have you read the codes if any ?

hi yes it cranks there is a spark sorry no codes the engine warning light on ive taken  all the plugs out and they are wet with petrol

Without reading the codes it's hard to tell, i would look at the crank sensor first

That reader should work.

Hi ive just got the Code Reader and it did not find any codes what now help

On 2/7/2021 at 1:55 PM, flash22 said:

crank sensor first

Hi would i get any codes if the crank sensor was not working thanks

It depends, does the scanner actually connect to the ecu (key on, engine off) can you see the freeze frame data ?

ive scan it with ignition on does not work with ignition of  frist time ive  ues this sorry  when i went to the menu on the scanner of the freeze frame data i press the ok button and it went back to the main menu  thanks for your help on this gary

Did the car not start or did it breakdown ? how did you check for spark ? have you checked the fuses (internal fusebox), Is there a flashing red key symbol on the dash when cranking the car

the car was working fine i just park it up over night went to start in the morning and nothing i had a old spark that i put on it  and it was ok the spark plugs are new no ive not checked the fuses no flashing red key symbol on the dash  thanks  flash22

just had a go at  the car its  firering but wont start help

I know this is a long shot, is their fuel in the tank and is it petrol and not diesel!

If there's spark, and there's fuel, the car should start. If it does not start, timing might be the issue.

Did you try starting with a spare key?

Hi yes  i did try the spare key do you think it could have jumped a tooth on the timing chain

Is it getting fuel ? Can you hear the fuel pump prime ?, will the scanner now see the freeze frame data, have you had the Battery off and tried to charge it or jump the car ?

2 hours ago, bobby boy said:

I know this is a long shot, is their fuel in the tank and is it petrol and not diesel!

thanks but ive had the plugs out and looked wet with  petrol

28 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Is it getting fuel ? Can you hear the fuel pump prime ?, will the scanner now see the freeze frame data, have you had the battery off and tried to charge it or jump the car ?

my mate undone one of the fule pipes  to test it and there was fuel he scann it with his scanner and no freeze frame data yes Battery off and tried to charge it or jump the car

Neighbor once had a problem with his case, would crank forever, but not start. Also no codes. Turned out to be crankshaft sensor that was bad.

If he pull started the car, it would start, and then run just fine. Every now and then, once turned off, it would refuse to start, needing to be pull started again.

It was  Škoda Fabi tho.

Still could be the timing is off, how many miles on the car, does it sound rattly on cold start? Has the oil always been changed on time?

the car as 94 thousand miles on the car, does it sound rattly on cold start no yes ive always changed the oil before time Still could be the timing is off im thinking  it might be

a mate  told me to check the am2 fuse and  swap the  managemend relay  with the horm relay does this make any sense help

i've just taken my car to the  garage to see if they can fix it