Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intermittent beeping sounds

Louie

Greetings from "sunny Lincolnshire" i hope you are not snowed in.

My Corolla has been making intermittent beeping noises well after i have set off on a journey. The noise is either one or two short beeps and its totally random. Its not my Backvue Dashcam or Wase and i cannot tie it to lane change although it does tend to happen on long straight roads with just minor movement of the steering wheel (not dual carriageway). I have had the vehicle since January last year and nothing has changed. I have ignored it until now but i am getting tired with constantly saying to "her indoors"   "why the hell is it doing that ?". There are no indications on the dash instrumentation to tell you the cause of the warning beeps very annoying. 

Stay safe guys/girls. 

Low air temperature outside and possibility of ice on the road. , maybe is just that.👍🚗

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Low air temperature outside and possibility of ice on the road. , maybe is just that.👍🚗

Because of this thread, I've been paying attention to these beeps now. You're right Tony - I think it is related to the low temp and ice-on-road warnings. Plus the speed camera alert. Not to forget the beeps when you stray into a road lane divider... 🙄

• Like 2

Hi Guys

I have identified one of the beepings sounds( two short beeps) as my Dashcam but sound alerts are turned off so that's a mystery to be solved.

The short single beep I think is related to lane changing i think as it only happens over 30 mph and seems to occur invariably when lining up for entry into a  roundabouts and shortly after exit or when i am changing lanes on an approach to traffic lights. This is when using the A16 which is a long straight 18 mile 60 mph max  route  terminating outside Peterborough. According to the the car specs the short beep should give you visual notification but i have yet to see it.

Lane change, you have to Indicate to stop the beeps. Switched off in my car. If you hear beeps, check the main display, it will advise what is going on.

Hi Folks

Now in my last thread I wrongly assumed that i had established that it was my Dashcam that was making spurious beeping noises. NO ITS NOT !

Unfortunately its my Corolla and I still have no idea why ???  today it beeped twice while approaching a roundabout on the A17 and again about 30 minutes later when executing a similar manoeuvre. On both occasions I was in the correct lane so no lining up required. It appears my approach to roundabouts is subject to criticism by Toyota. I use WAZE as my satnav and its brilliant with voice commands and visual and verbal warnings but its not  that. The other thing  that drives me witless is how dangerous can it be when you are prompted by silly beeping noises to look for visual indicators when you are approaching a large obstacle such as a roundabout. I wonder if anyone has had an accident as a result of this. I dont think someone in Toyota has thought this through. I guess its one of life's mysteries.

A double beep is normally associated with a traffic cam warning in my car.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 8:08 PM, RabButler said:

A double beep is normally associated with a traffic cam warning in my car.

Same, and my car seemingly won’t let me disable this! It’s driving me mad! Especially as I regularly drive *under* and then alongside a motorway - the motorway itself has many cameras on it, and even though I don’t go onto the motorway (just under and then alongside it), I get a loud beep every minute about all the cameras on the motorway, starting with one 1100 yards away, according to the display. It’s unhelpful and inaccurate, and in any case I don’t want to know about a speed camera until 200-300 yards out - not 1100yds!. Annoys the heck out of me. And the dog!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKLZ said:

Same, and my car seemingly won’t let me disable this! It’s driving me mad! Especially as I regularly drive *under* and then alongside a motorway - the motorway itself has many cameras on it, and even though I don’t go onto the motorway (just under and then alongside it), I get a loud beep every minute about all the cameras on the motorway, starting with one 1100 yards away, according to the display. It’s unhelpful and inaccurate, and in any case I don’t want to know about a speed camera until 200-300 yards out - not 1100yds!. Annoys the heck out of me. And the dog!

Watch out for the police vans, the latest police radar trap and cameras are accurate to 1km, it can practically see if you have spinach between your front teeth the camera is that good, notwithstanding it can also see what may be in your hand!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi all. I have a new 2021 Corolla sedan, and am having some problems - an apparently random beep beep sound. Have inserted seat belt buckles into their holders on the back seats, where we were carrying luggage on our 2895 km drive from Adelaide to Darwin in Australia. The seatbelt buckles were easy to lremedy, as they flashed on the dash as well.

Given the weather here (33 decrees C) I can rule out the low temperature theory. The motorway warning theory is also ruled out. 

I have combed the manuals but can not even see refences to 'beeps' - 'warning buzzer' doesn't seem right.

I loo forward to someone finding and sharing a solution.

Is it your Lane Assist?

Roger

Two soft short beep beeps, to me, usually signals my approach to a speed camera. The satnav map screen will confirm this with an image of a camera on the road. As others have observed sometimes said cameras are on an adjacent or overhead road so it may not always be obvious or relevant to *you*.

Another beep scenario for me is having the speed limiter set (so I don't exceed the legal speed limit) and just exceeding that a little when descending a slope or hill where the car can't maintain the set speed without my intervention. I can't remember how many beeps that is now but that bugged me for a while until I worked it out

I've said it before - we definitely need to compile a list of these warning beeps and pin it somewhere. This is such a common question, for one reason or another. I suppose it's possible there are in fact a dozen or more situations where your attention is being drawn to something. With limited beep sounds available a double beep might be allocated to several different situations. Nevertheless, not knowing what the car is trying to tell you is a bit disconcerting. 😏

• Like 2

Yep two beeps is warning of speed cameras but not Gatsos how annoying. Gatsos by their very nature can lull you into a false of security hence a warning beep would help thank god I have Waze.

• 5 months later...
On 2/12/2021 at 5:22 PM, Louie said:

Hi Guys

I have identified one of the beepings sounds( two short beeps) as my Dashcam but sound alerts are turned off so that's a mystery to be solved.

The short single beep I think is related to lane changing i think as it only happens over 30 mph and seems to occur invariably when lining up for entry into a  roundabouts and shortly after exit or when i am changing lanes on an approach to traffic lights. This is when using the A16 which is a long straight 18 mile 60 mph max  route  terminating outside Peterborough. According to the the car specs the short beep should give you visual notification but i have yet to see it.

Hi I have recently got a Lease Toyota Corolla Hybrid and like you it keeps beeping at me and I have no idea why... one I think is when it switches from Battery to petrol and viceaversa but it does this random bleeping and I have no idea why..  Its driving me potty as I think something is wrong with the car. Is there a way to switch off these beepings?

2 hours ago, Christine Addis said:

Hi I have recently got a Lease Toyota Corolla Hybrid and like you it keeps beeping at me and I have no idea why... one I think is when it switches from battery to petrol and viceaversa but it does this random bleeping and I have no idea why..  Its driving me potty as I think something is wrong with the car. Is there a way to switch off these beepings?

It's probably something to so with the "Lane Tracking Assist", which can emit noises if the car considers that you are wandering in your lane. You'll have to look in the manual to see if you car has it, look for Lane Tracing (or Tracking) Assist or LTA, there's some configurable options. You may be able to turn it off permanently. I recently spoke to a lady with a Corolla Hybrid, who told me init drove her nuts and she turned it off, or had the dealer turn it off.

I am expecting to take delivery of a Yaris and the function exists in it, too, but can only be turned off for the duration the car is switched on, i.e. it resets every time the car is taken out of "Ready" mode.

19 hours ago, Christine Addis said:

Hi I have recently got a Lease Toyota Corolla Hybrid and like you it keeps beeping at me and I have no idea why... one I think is when it switches from battery to petrol and viceaversa but it does this random bleeping and I have no idea why..  Its driving me potty as I think something is wrong with the car. Is there a way to switch off these beepings?

You need to do a bit of monitoring i.e. how many beeps are you getting, what have you got switched on, what speed are you doing etc? Different numbers/sequences of beeps generally mean different things.  Either check in the manual or use the excellent Search function top right on this page and filter to 'This Forum' and you will get plenty of 'hits' when you search the relevant number of beeps.

Ten bleeps = her indoors needs a comfort break!!🤣