Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing rear bumper 2009 Rav4

Windinherhair

So I came back from my dog walk the other day to find the bumper bashed and a note under the wipers with contact details.
How honest is that?
Turns out, the number was fake. The car park was busy that day so I'm guessing the delightful individual had to make a show of doing the right thing.
Toyota dealer has quoted £240 plus VAT for a replacement unpainted bumper. 
I'm going to take a look around for a silver, second hand one. The car is a 2009 and does have the odd wee scratch and dent. Nothing major, but it's not perfect.
Over the years, we've been pretty hands-on at replacing lights units, window mechanism, sorting EGR/SCV issues...
How do-able is replacing the bumper, including refitting the reverse sensors? Does anyone  have a link to a tutorial?
Thanks folks.
(photos attached. The bumper was dislodged at the driver's side, but popped back on ok)

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-08 at 12.40.07.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-08 at 12.40.08.jpeg

Have you checked underneath behind the bumper for any hidden damage?

12 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Have you checked underneath behind the bumper for any hidden damage?

I haven't yet, but popped into a local body shop yesterday. They are going to attempt a repair and check for other damage while at it.
Fingers crossed.
Thanks for your reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the repair was a success, without having the expense of replacing the whole bumper.
Photos attached for info.
The bumper guard/ protector broke when coming off though. It was pretty brittle, and to be expected.
Can anyone recommend a replacement that will cover the whole horizontal surface to prevent damage when the dog is jumping in and out? 

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-17 at 16.38.01.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-17 at 16.38.02 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-17 at 16.38.02.jpeg

At least it wasn’t a expensive repair, how sneaky putting a fake number on note.

I know my brother got some  clear adhesive strips from eBay for  his Tiguan when he had the Labrador jumping in / out, they where  made to order from Germany Cost about £12 , when he sold the car  he removed it and it was as good as new

16 hours ago, Helpneeded said:

At least it wasn’t a expensive repair, how sneaky putting a fake number on note.

I know my brother got some  clear adhesive strips from eBay for  his Tiguan when he had the Labrador jumping in / out, they where  made to order from Germany Cost about £12 , when he sold the car  he removed it and it was as good as new

Yes, pretty sneaky. Pretty common too, according to the repair guy.

Thanks for the info re the strips. I'll have a nosey!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links