Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Handbrake Cable

tarantula_123

Any idea if there is a link to a current thread or download for how to replace the front and rear two handbrake cables on the CTS?

I have had my handbrake tightened a couple of times, but it just keeps going slack, and am getting fed up of it now. 

Is it worth changing all three? Are they an easy swap?

Would think our standard rolla is virtually the same are yours handbrake wise.

Assume you have taken up the slack on the handbrake lever inside the cabin as much as possible ?

Also the drum part of the rear brake has not been worn beyond its limit ( unlikey as the disc part should have worn out first) and that the shoes are good.

Its a bit of a pain to get at the three cables equaliser assembly behind the exhaust where they all connect and found connecting them to the shoes difficult as well, one of those jobs practice makes perfect !

The biggest problem is getting the right parts, from Mr.T clearly no problem , but as  I found  using other suppliers, the RH cables fittings were the wrong type, seems there are variations in fittings and possibly length, even on the standard model so no idea on the TS, so check you can return them for the right part or refund before purchasing from elsewhere.

000443.jpg

On 2/8/2021 at 9:20 PM, oldcodger said:

Would think our standard rolla is virtually the same are yours handbrake wise.

Assume you have taken up the slack on the handbrake lever inside the cabin as much as possible ?

Also the drum part of the rear brake has not been worn beyond its limit ( unlikey as the disc part should have worn out first) and that the shoes are good.

Its a bit of a pain to get at the three cables equaliser assembly behind the exhaust where they all connect and found connecting them to the shoes difficult as well, one of those jobs practice makes perfect !

The biggest problem is getting the right parts, from Mr.T clearly no problem , but as  I found  using other suppliers, the RH cables fittings were the wrong type, seems there are variations in fittings and possibly length, even on the standard model so no idea on the TS, so check you can return them for the right part or refund before purchasing from elsewhere.

000443.jpg

Thanks for that. So to be correct, there are actually 3 handbrake cables on the Corolla.... one at the front that goes back, along with the ones at the two rear brakes?

I'll have a good go myself for sure. Is there any issues with removing the exhaust heat shield and stuff like that?

I will more than likely sadly be selling her after I have finished the stuff I need to first.

Yes, three  the two rear ones and one short from the handbrake lever to the equalizer.

All the nut came off ok, its holding the cables in place on the equaliser thats fiddley.

Just be sure you have the correct cables with the correct end fittings before removing the old ones.

As always Mr T prices are high, but you should get the correct ones.

Why selling  ?

On 2/10/2021 at 11:36 AM, oldcodger said:

Yes, three  the two rear ones and one short from the handbrake lever to the equalizer.

All the nut came off ok, its holding the cables in place on the equaliser thats fiddley.

Just be sure you have the correct cables with the correct end fittings before removing the old ones.

As always Mr T prices are high, but you should get the correct ones.

Why selling  ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brake-Cable-fits-TOYOTA-COROLLA-E12-1-8-Rear-Right-01-to-07-2ZZ-GE-Hand-Brake-QH/333779732550?fits=Car+Make%3AToyota|Model%3ACorolla|Cars+Type%3A1.8+VVTL-i+TS|Plat_Gen%3A_E12_|Cars+Year%3A2007|BodyStyle%3AFWD+--+_E12_|Variant%3APetrol+Hatchback|Engine%3A1796cc+141KW+192HP+2ZZ-GE&hash=item4db6d28846:g:GJIAAOSwyylfpQ3g

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brake-Cable-fits-TOYOTA-COROLLA-E12-1-8-Rear-Left-01-to-07-2ZZ-GE-Hand-Brake-QH/233894836364?fits=Car+Make%3AToyota|Model%3ACorolla|Cars+Type%3A1.8+VVTL-i+TS|Plat_Gen%3A_E12_|Cars+Year%3A2007|BodyStyle%3AFWD+--+_E12_|Variant%3APetrol+Hatchback|Engine%3A1796cc+141KW+192HP+2ZZ-GE&hash=item367537f88c:g:c-kAAOSwcTJgJ9DZ

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Handbrake-Cable-fits-TOYOTA-COROLLA-E12-1-8-Front-01-to-07-2ZZ-GE-Hand-Brake-QH/333845201305?fits=Car+Make%3AToyota|Model%3ACorolla|Cars+Type%3A1.8+VVTL-i+TS|Plat_Gen%3A_E12_|Cars+Year%3A2007|BodyStyle%3AFWD+--+_E12_|Variant%3APetrol+Hatchback|Engine%3A1796cc+141KW+192HP+2ZZ-GE&hash=item4dbab98199:g:OjQAAOSwJX5f8Q7Y

How about these?

I might sell as I fancy getting one of the 2.4 non-turbo Hiace vans and converting the rear to a camper.

For the work I've put into my TS, and the decent condition its in, I doubt i'd get much for it anyway....? They don't seem to fair well with holding their value compared to Type Rs

Have purchased from PIM a couple of times, good service so far.

If your TS is running well , is it worth selling ?   plus you will need something while converting a van, don't forget to notify dvla and insurers about such changes.

Would like something newer myself, but in these times doing so few miles, just not worth it.