Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery change on 04 Yaris

yaris_helper

Good evening everyone,

I'm going to change the Battery on my friend's Yaris as it has died from being about the sort of age where you'd want to change it anyway, the recent cold weather, and not being driven  regularly any more. It's a 54 plate French made Yaris, about 80k on the clock.

Is there anything I need to be aware of in particular for a Yaris of this year? We're not sure if it has a radio code yet, what about an immobiliser or anything else that disconnecting the Battery could cause an issue with?

The old Battery is a Lion 063 40Ah, and the new is a Bosch S3 001 41Ah.

I just want to be extra cautious and check these things out since I don't want to offer to help her fix her car and end up breaking it.

Thanks

There should be no issues with a Battery swap If the radio and immobiliser are standard Toyota fitment. Make sure the key is out of the ignition and that the windows (if electric) are fully up. When you start for the first just let it idle for a couple of minutes before driving. This is because the ECU will loose its previously learned optimum settings... it will relearn them all as you drive.  

• Like 1

Not familiar with the Yaris but other members might be able to help I would imagine nothing to worry about other than the clock will need re setting, don’t forget disconnect negative first reconnect last

19 minutes ago, yaris_helper said:

The old battery is a Lion 063 40Ah, and the new is a Bosch S3 001 41Ah.

Can you not get a 45Ah Battery with 063 dimensions? You be better to get as high a Ah rating as you can, really, given the lack of use that cars are enduring currently.

23 hours ago, Yaristotle said:

Can you not get a 45Ah battery with 063 dimensions? You be better to get as high a Ah rating as you can, really, given the lack of use that cars are enduring currently.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

We're on a budget and the Battery is already bought, so that's what I'll stick in. Probably a good idea to get a bigger one but I'm not sure if there was one in price range.

I looked on the Yuasa website to find the correct Battery from them, but the one they recommended wouldn't have fit in the tray given the dimensions and just looking at the minimal gap there was.

The Bosch 001 is basically an 063 Battery, any parts website will list that Battery for cars that use an 063 Battery. I used the same battery in my 2003 Yaris and it works really well - I've found them to be a strong battery, I have another one in an MX5 and has survived being discharged fully a couple of times. You should only need to reset the clock and retune your radio stations 🙂

6 hours ago, MRichards said:

The Bosch 001 is basically an 063 battery, any parts website will list that battery for cars that use an 063 battery. I used the same battery in my 2003 Yaris and it works really well - I've found them to be a strong battery, I have another one in an MX5 and has survived being discharged fully a couple of times. You should only need to reset the clock and retune your radio stations 🙂

Glad to hear! Thanks very much