Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DRLs on a 2010?

Wooster

On my 2010 Prius there are five 'buttons' above the main headlights.  They look like LEDs and I wondered if they were LEDs.  Are they Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) that aren't wired in?  If not LEDs, what are they?

DRL.JPG

You can turn on the car and check outside if they illuminate, I don’t remember they have drl in that position but might be on higher spec cars with led main lights. 

They don't illuminate.  I've never seen another Gen3 Prius with these lit up, either.  But - I wondered - if anyone knew if they were DRLs in another country and were simply not connected on the UK version. 

I can’t answer that but I think I have seen PHV Priuses in London  with LED main lights that has those illuminated, perhaps been top uk spec, import or diy project, that was back in 2013 and I was wondering why my 2011 Prius with halogen bulbs H11 doesn’t have drl. , then Toyota released facelift in 2012 that comes with drl in the bumper. 

The Gen 3 Prius got DRLs from the 2012 facelift - my 2012 T3 had them.

It's not impossible yours has them fitted but not connected, after all, every Prius ever made has had a complete Cruise Control package installed, but on many just the switches were missing!  My dealer fitted the CC switches to 2 Gen 1 "Classic" Prius, a Gen 2 and my Gen 3 T3 for me.

When the gen3 came out in 2009 it was a common question on this forum.  In the uk there were never any bulbs there on any trim level.

2 hours ago, johalareewi said:

When the gen3 came out in 2009 it was a common question on this forum.  In the uk there were never any bulbs there on any trim level.

Thanks for info - it will save me looking under the front wing to find the connections - which obviously aren't there!