Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Yaris Hybrid Experience

Timh21

Got a brand new Yaris Hybrid for the day yesterday as a courtesy car and have to say I was sort of sad to hand it back. Did nearly 100 miles of mixed town / short motorway and dual carriageway. Around town in the Traffic light grand prix Its great fun, felt much quicker and nimbler than my Corolla TS and yet still returned mid 60's MPG overall. I kept it steady for one 30 mile stint and showed 74 mpg which I thought was great, especially given the 2C max temp yesterday. Think it was a Design spec but with the panoramic roof as an extra. I suppose the downside is the cost, £22,000 in that spec which does seem a lot for a small town car. I remember having a Yaris for a day a few years back and at the time thought it pretty awful, things have definately moved on

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Best small car in its class 🚘👍

As someone researching my future next newish car the newest Yaris does get some of the best reviews out there - I've read of very few negatives. I'm pleased to see used/ex demonstrator models with a few thousand miles are now coming onto the market at lower prices, so maybe within a year or so I'll finally be able to acquire one!

6 hours ago, Vinylseats said:

As someone researching my future next newish car the newest Yaris does get some of the best reviews out there - I've read of very few negatives. I'm pleased to see used/ex demonstrator models with a few thousand miles are now coming onto the market at lower prices, so maybe within a year or so I'll finally be able to acquire one!

Negative wise for me was small boot and rear seats for small people only, but thats about it. Front seats were comfy enough but no adjustable lumbar on the model I had for the day. Only other weird thing was that although the Multi Media system looks identical to the one in my Corolla, the hard buttons were all reversed? As though the Yaris one was designed for L/H drive, or maybe the Corolla one is but Ive got used to it?

I haven’t seat in the new Yaris but form media I can clearly see more leg room on the back seats than a Corolla hatchback. I think it’s perfect city car. 

6 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

I haven’t seat in the new Yaris but form media I can clearly see more leg room on the back seats than a Corolla hatchback. I think it’s perfect city car. 

Ive not sat in a Corolla Hatchback but if it is smaller blimey, thats small. I sat in the back of the Yaris but couldnt sit behind the driver seat set up for me ( Im 6ft).

Passenger side was ok with front seat forward but I wouldnt have wanted to have sat there for long

I've rarely been able to sit behind the driver in pretty much any car I've ever been in - even bigger cars! As I currently own a Peugeot 208 I'm used to having tightish rear seating and a relatively small boot - though big enough for what I need. I've also never had a car with adjustable lumbar support so that's not something I'd miss. The new Yaris appears to tick just about every box for what I need - other than the current rather high price perhaps!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vinylseats said:

I've rarely been able to sit behind the driver in pretty much any car I've ever been in - even bigger cars! As I currently own a Peugeot 208 I'm used to having tightish rear seating and a relatively small boot - though big enough for what I need. I've also never had a car with adjustable lumbar support so that's not something I'd miss. The new Yaris appears to tick just about every box for what I need - other than the current rather high price perhaps!

Hi can you please test the air conditioning and let me know if you can see something with the temperature control. That is the only concern I got from the new Yaris. 

On 2/12/2021 at 4:28 PM, Luis Volcan said:

Hi can you please test the air conditioning and let me know if you can see something with the temperature control. That is the only concern I got from the new Yaris. 

What is it you want to know about the temperature control?

21 hours ago, Dahoon said:

What is it you want to know about the temperature control?

I would like to know if the temperature that you set up is accurate with the real temperature inside the cabin. 

Just now, Luis Volcan said:

I would like to know if the temperature that you set up is accurate with the real temperature inside the cabin. 

In my Brand All New Yaris is too hot. I have to keep it in 17c in winter time. That doesn’t make sense for me. 

Mine is at 20,5 and feels a bit cool just as I like it. I don't think I have anything to test the actual air temperature with though. Hmm or maybe I do. I believe my multimeter can measure temperature...if I can find it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 1:16 AM, Dahoon said:

Mine is at 20,5 and feels a bit cool just as I like it. I don't think I have anything to test the actual air temperature with though. Hmm or maybe I do. I believe my multimeter can measure temperature...if I can find it.

👍 lucky you 

Set Temperatures in car’s are not exactly dead on temperatures if you properly measure them as in laboratory with equipment, I bet if you ask Toyota or any manufacturer they will confirm that. These temperatures are something around that numbers with variations of at least 2-4C°. Also in cars with climate controls as is the Yaris when weather is sunny outside even in negative air temperature the system may reduce it’s temperature of the air flow, as it’s get tricked by the interior temperature sensor from the direct Sun light, same applies in hot summer days with AC on, under direct sunlight. Have you measured with simple thermometer 🌡 what is the interior temperature near the steering wheel when you set yours at 17C° and the car been running for at least 30 min. 

5 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Set Temperatures in car’s are not exactly dead on temperatures if you properly measure them as in laboratory with equipment, I bet if you ask Toyota or any manufacturer they will confirm that. These temperatures are something around that numbers with variations of at least 2-4C°. Also in cars with climate controls as is the Yaris when weather is sunny outside even in negative air temperature the system may reduce it’s temperature of the air flow, as it’s get tricked by the interior temperature sensor from the direct Sun light, same applies in hot summer days with AC on, under direct sunlight. Have you measured with simple thermometer 🌡 what is the interior temperature nea Der the steering wheel when you set yours at 17C° and the car been running for at least 30 min. 

28 degrees in manual. In auto is about 25 degrees.

14 minutes ago, Luis Volcan said:

28 degrees in manual. In auto is about 25 degrees.

Well that’s too hot, if it’s me I will non stop going to the dealer to get it fixed once the restrictions are over. 

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Well that’s too hot, if it’s me I will non stop going to the dealer to get it fixed once the restrictions are over. 

👍