Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone know how I use this?

LadyVee

Afternoon all. 

Just wondered if anyone can enlighten now on how I use this or what it actually does? It just keeps saying ‘waiting for connection’   

is it just a CarPlay thing or do I have to download an app or something? 

Thanks in advance. 

Vicci.

281D13BB-0970-4822-B32C-AB646200421B.thumb.jpeg.499e82ed09909d212472614f57245058.jpeg

You need to connect your phone either via bluetooth or cable.

I think your car has MirrorLink, it predates CarPlay.  It does not appear to be well supported these days from Apple perspective.  It looks like the apps are more Android.  

Doesn't do anything on my 2015 Aygo , guessing there is nothing on my phone (Samsung S20) that it recognises now , am in search of the newer head units but haven't found one so far

16 minutes ago, T-Sport Hammer said:

Doesn't do anything on my 2015 Aygo , guessing there is nothing on my phone (Samsung S20) that it recognises now , am in search of the newer head units but haven't found one so far

Support for CarPlay and Android Auto was introduced during 2018 along with a radio with 3 buttons.

What OP has is MirrorLink that only works with Android phones and VERY early iPhones.

17 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

Support for CarPlay and Android Auto was introduced during 2018 along with a radio with 3 buttons.

What OP has is MirrorLink that only works with Android phones and VERY early iPhones.

I have the same currently in an Aygo X-pression   , connecting my phone via USB does nothing other than charging. Its a shame, will keep searching for the newer radios for Android Auto one day.