Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question for hybrids acceleration/power/torque in general

OXYGEN

Whilst I can't say I have noticed the issue on power drop myself, something I have always been able to "feel" is when travelling at a constant speed, I know when the ICE starts to charge the Battery, without looking at the instruments. The speed does not drop but the car feels more "laboured" . And when the ICE is no longer charging, you can feel the car being "released".  I notice it when driving at 50 mph, the limit on many local roads around here.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Timmon said:

Whilst I can't say I have noticed the issue on power drop myself, something I have always been able to "feel" is when travelling at a constant speed, I know when the ICE starts to charge the battery, without looking at the instruments. The speed does not drop but the car feels more "laboured" . And when the ICE is no longer charging, you can feel the car being "released".  I notice it when driving at 50 mph, the limit on many local roads around here.

Absolutely, feels like driving with handbrake halfway engaged, Battery not only doesn’t help but also drags the car with the generator to produce electricity. In town driving,  that can be reduced with more spirited driving style contrary to the anticipating road ahead, just slightly harder braking but keep smooth acceleration, efficiency improves and almost never you need to recharge while under acceleration as stopping harder puts back enough power. Been playing with my Priuses back in the days on London’s streets with excellent results. 🚗👌

• Like 1