Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 yaris start stop battery fitting

VictorIbarbo

Hi , I need a new Battery fitting for my 2010 yaris 1.33 , start stop. Just wondering if it's a straight forward job or is there more to it ? ECU reprogramming etc ? Thank you

Straightforward, but you will lose radio presets which can be saved again when the new Battery is on. No codes or programming needed 

1 minute ago, Parts-King said:

Straightforward, but you will lose radio presets which can be saved again when the new battery is on. No codes or programming needed 

Thank you! Appreciate that

41 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

Straightforward, but you will lose radio presets which can be saved again when the new battery is on. No codes or programming needed 

https://www.thebatteryguys.co.uk/product/027-stop-start-efb-car-battery-rombat-60ah/

Will this be compatible? Thank you 

You need to confirm for yourself that the physical size is correct. I've never heard of that brand before...

FWIW I fitted a new Battery to my 1.33L Auris (so same engine) a month ago and for very little more than the price you quote I got an AGM Battery.

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/197661-new-battery-after-11-years-73k-all-in-all-the-best-car-i-have-owned/

When you start the car for the first time after fitting the Battery just allow the engine to idle for two to three minute before driving off. The ECU must relearn optimum engine settings and so don't be alarmed if it idles erratically to begin with. 

20 minutes ago, Mooly said:

You need to confirm for yourself that the physical size is correct. I've never heard of that brand before...

FWIW I fitted a new battery to my 1.33L Auris (so same engine) a month ago and for very little more than the price you quote I got an AGM battery.

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/197661-new-battery-after-11-years-73k-all-in-all-the-best-car-i-have-owned/

When you start the car for the first time after fitting the battery just allow the engine to idle for two to three minute before driving off. The ECU must relearn optimum engine settings and so don't be alarmed if it idles erratically to begin with. 

What's differences between the AGM & EFB batteries? 

The genuine Battery is £99, you might get a discount if you ask. The Battery in your link is not one I am familiar with, I would stick with genuine, Varta or Yuasa, you know you will get a good Battery with those. 

I have two 1.3 yaris, had them for a number of years. Both have had replacement batteries. One Battery is now three years old the other two. Both sourced from Halfords and have 4 year warranty. Paid around £70 if my memory is correct. One of them is used only once a week for a short journey ATM but shows no sign of trouble starting so far, even though its freezing. You may lose the idle speed at first with a new Battery but after a while the ECU finds where it needs to be. Don't forget to lubricate the terminals, I've always used Vasileen petrolium jelly (old school).

Not essential, but if you don't want to lose radio presets and/or any memory in the car's computer, have a look on Youtube or similar for ways of maintaining those during a Battery change.