Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Climate control /heater issues

Rich Howiss

Hi Guys I'm a new member looking for some help. I've got a mk3 with dual climate control. 

The drivers side seems to work the opposite way around on temperature. ie when on Lo it blows hot and on max temp blows cold. The pass 3 side seems to work normally.  This issue only started this week. It's been fine for the last 5 years. 

Also each time the ignition is turned off and back on the climate sets itself to the recirculate option. 

Has anyone else had this issue and is the heater control easy to access/replace? 

Thanks in advance 

Rich

Hi Rich welcome. Sometimes you get lots of replies to questions, other times not so many. 

Can't help with all your questions but hopefully of some use. Apparently the recirculating switch will come on automatically depending on various parameters of outside and inside temperatures etc This function can be disabled but possibly only by connecting to computer with required software. There are threads on here re this specific question.

Best advice re how to remove heater control switch is YouTube. Good video by 1A Auto steps you through it, "How to replace AC heating control switch 05-16 Toyota RAV4"

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links