Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre pressure light on my Yaris Icon Tech 2019

sufy

Hi, my tyre pressure light came on. What pressure should i fill my tyres at? what's the pressure for the front and back?

Thanks

Should be a label or plate on the B pillar inside one of the front door openings giving advice on tyre pressures. The TPMS light may have come on due to low temperatures.

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Should be a label or plate on the B pillar inside one of the front door openings giving advice on tyre pressures. The TPMS light may have come on due to low temperatures.

Thanks for that. Yeah, so you know the light came on after a week and then it did go off for about a week and then it came back again. Do you think i should fill it up or not? or do you think it's to do with the cold outside and i should just reset the tyre pressure and see if it the light doesn't come on again?

Thanks

First thing you can do is buy yourself a good quality tyre pressure gauge, do not rely on garage airlines being exact, and you will get many years of use out of it. Tyre pressures are very important and must be taken before commencing a journey when the tyres are cold. The correct pressure for your tyres are in your vehicles handbook. Any airlines will do but in conjunction with the accurate new pressure gauge. 

2 hours ago, sufy said:

Hi, my tyre pressure light came on. What pressure should i fill my tyres at? what's the pressure for the front and back?

Thanks

• Like 1

It wouldn't hurt to check the pressures, i thought the tpms showed you the pressure on the dash, on the 2017-20 cars (Maybe its only the higher end cars that get this)

if the tyre pressures are borderline the light may come on and off like you describe

Mine came on the other day. The displayed tyre pressures on the car computer were correct though, but the two back tyres were shaded in brown and it said "increase pressure".

I checked them with my tyre pressure gauge and it tallied with the tyre pressures on the car computer.  So i drove it normally, and after about 5 miles the warning went out.

Most bizarre

It's just the temperature drop, once moving the tyre builds up heat - colder the air the denser it is

• Like 1

Hi. Just wondering how much pressure i have to put in? 

Is it front 33 and back 32 psi or the bottom black box which says 36 front and 35 psi at the back? 

yaris.jpg

33 psi front and 32 psi back. 35 & 36 psi are when the car is fully loaded.

10 minutes ago, sufy said:

Hi. Just wondering how much pressure i have to put in? 

Is it front 33 and back 32 psi or the bottom black box which says 36 front and 35 psi at the back? 

yaris.jpg

• Like 1

so just filled the tyre pressure and light went off. Should i still reset it or leave it?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links