Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adaptive Automatic High Beam

Louie

Hi Guys

Having read through a more comprehensive set of specs for my vehicle (Corolla Hybrid 2l GR Sport)  i cannot see a way to activate the automatically dipping high beam etc. The rear view mirror is supposed to dip aswell i think but thats not working either. 

Perhaps it is only available on the EXEL model who knows.

YOu push the button down below with an A in front of a headlight icon and then just push the light stalk away from you. Be warned, Ive stopped using mine, can be slow to react

• Like 1

The mirror may have a built in button to turn auto dimming function, GR Corolla comes with auto dimming rear view mirror as far as I know. 

1 hour ago, Timh21 said:

YOu push the button down below with an A in front of a headlight icon and then just push the light stalk away from you. Be warned, Ive stopped using mine, can be slow to react

I'm still on the fence. It seems a bit tardy but I've only been flashed once.

• Like 2

It's rubbish on the Corolla 

On my chr it would dip early it seems to leave it too late on the Corolla and it also comes on while driving down a road with street lights on whereas the chr didn't 

21 hours ago, AndrueC said:

I'm still on the fence. It seems a bit tardy but I've only been flashed once.

Yes, I leave mine activated, but only as a failsafe in case I forget to dip myself. When I first got the car I was flashed as soon as I used it, so that's my solution. Having said that, some drivers can't tell the difference between dipped and main beam, and flash everyone anyway! Glad I have never been passenger with one of those drivers.

• Like 1

System works well on my car and I leave it on all the time. It does stay on sometimes even when there are streetlights but this is mainly because modern streetlights are abysmal. One of the few things which does work unlike the atrocious sat nav system and non-functional road sign system

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swanthecat said:

System works well on my car and I leave it on all the time. It does stay on sometimes even when there are streetlights but this is mainly because modern streetlights are abysmal. One of the few things which does work unlike the atrocious sat nav system and non-functional road sign system

What? The Sat Nav system is a bit 'cartoonish' in design but it works really well in my experience. I've found a few issues with the mapping but they can be resolved online.

https://mapcreator.here.com/?l=51.3157,-0.5350,12,normal

The only thing it's missing is 'the next road after this' but as a sat nav it works well for me. What problems are you experiencing?

The road sign system seems okay as well although not perfect.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

What? The Sat Nav system is a bit 'cartoonish' in design but it works really well in my experience. I've found a few issues with the mapping but they can be resolved online.

https://mapcreator.here.com/?l=51.3157,-0.5350,12,normal

The only thing it's missing is 'the next road after this' but as a sat nav it works well for me. What problems are you experiencing?

The road sign system seems okay as well although not perfect.

Using the voice control has led to raised voices on several occasions and as a result now we no longer speak. Dreadful system which actually is significantly worse than the system in my previous 2014 Ford Focus

• Like 1

I feel like  a dinosaur , I have not tried any voice functions yet, I would not know what to say! I prefer to push buttons.

I saw a review on the VW ID3 on car wow, the VW system failed to understand anything he said! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Timmon said:

I feel like  a dinosaur , I have not tried any voice functions yet, I would not know what to say! I prefer to push buttons.

I saw a review on the VW ID3 on car wow, the VW system failed to understand anything he said! 

The Toyota system is worse than that. You may as well be speaking Klingon. Tried to get Apple car play installed at the first service last October but dealer wasn’t ready to do it and since then there has been nowhere to travel to anyway. Net result is I haven’t spoken to frosty knickers for several months now. Ford Sync is far far better

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Timmon said:

German accent is the key there 🤭😅👍

1 hour ago, Timmon said:

Me neither. I had voice control on my old Jazz but get fed up of trying to get it to work so haven't bothered with my Corolla. Just type the details and be done with it. After that it works well enough.

• Like 1

Dont use voice much, but its ok with "Navigate Home" or "Navigate to Work". I also think the Nav is fairly ok if a bit slow, though It once failed to find any satellites and had no idea where we were for 15 minutes or so???  Could have been Covid though😀

I have a new Yaris and the voice control works find with Android Auto.

I can ask it navigate to places and play songs and stuff - don't know what else i can use it for though

8 hours ago, Mikw said:

I have a new Yaris and the voice control works find with Android Auto.

I can ask it navigate to places and play songs and stuff - don't know what else i can use it for though

Yeah, I miss Android Auto, for certain security issues my Company has blocked android auto on our company Galaxy's which is a bummer

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links