Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 2017 - navi module installation instructions

raf82

Hi guys, I purchased a used Harman BE7718 module hoping to add it to my Toyota Touch 2 unit. 

I connected all the wires and plugs but when I press the Nav button the head unit still shows navi not active/not available.

All other functions work as expected. 

When I say all wires connected, I'm not sure about the GPS antenna as I didn't buy a separate one. There is a lose wire with a plug that matches the connector so I'm guessing that may be it. 

Does anyone have a link to the installation manual? I went to Toyotatech but can't find IT. 

Do I have to update the software to activate it? 

I believe I have all wires connected as they should be (except the GPS antenna which I'm not sure about). 

Interesting write up. How did you go about getting the maps loaded on assuming there wasn't an option before this upgrade?

22 hours ago, satts67 said:

Interesting write up. How did you go about getting the maps loaded on assuming there wasn't an option before this upgrade?

Before I connected the module when I pressed the Nav button I would just get the 'unavailable' message.

Once you connect the module it really becomes the main unit and the Nav button and the functions start working without a need for any other installations/software updates. 

The maps were already preloaded on the navigation module. I think they all come with maps preloaded - new or used units. Mine had 2017 v2 maps and they worked fine. 

I was lucky that once I added the module and registered on toyota Ireland website I discovered that I'm entitled to a free map update. 

I've updated them to 2020 v2. 

Just will post it in here in case anyone is looking for info in the future.

My MK4 2017 Hybrid already had the GPS antenna installed, I didn't have to buy a separate one so before you buy an antenna check if you already have it. In mine it was a black wire with a small white connector. It was bundled with another 2 wires, the FM and DAB antenna wires.