Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Won't start

Mark Davies

My uncle has a 65 reg Toyota Yaris. He drove from his house to the town his wife got out went shopping he sat in the car listening to the radio.

About 45 minutes later she came back went to start the car nothing didn't turn over or anything. So they called the breakdown service but after about 20 minutes tried it again this time started no problem.

Stupidity he didn't wait for the breakdown service. Has anybody else had the same problem

Thanks

Is your uncles car a hybrid, petrol or diesel??????

Could well be his breakdown compsny may give him a call if he drove off without telling them.

Could be the Battery is on its way out if it's still the original (6 years old?)

Sitting there listening to the radio for 45 minutes could have drained the Battery below the voltage that the starter motor solenoid would operate at. Batteries tend to self recover slightly, if left for a period of time. So potentially it will happen again, if the Battery is past its best.

It's a normal petrol engine. He did inform the breakdown service but they sent someone anyway.

Thank you Fordulike I'll ask him and pass your information on

2 hours ago, Mark Davies said:

My uncle has a 65 reg Toyota Yaris. He drove from his house to the town his wife got out went shopping he sat in the car listening to the radio.

About 45 minutes later she came back went to start the car nothing didn't turn over or anything. So they called the breakdown service but after about 20 minutes tried it again this time started no problem.

Stupidity he didn't wait for the breakdown service. Has anybody else had the same problem

Thanks

Yep it happened to my wife’s 2015 petrol Yaris. Exactly the same way, Battery near end of life. Or if you are not driving much it needs to be fully charged up.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Mr.Foy I'll speak to him tonight and tell him what everyone said 

• Thanks 1