Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello owners club

Rhymes with Paris

Hello , I would like to introduce myself to your club.

I have been reading the topics in the Yaris section ,and found them very informative.

I have been very fortunate in being offered a 2003 t Sport Yaris in September 2019 from a neighbor's lady friend , the neighbor owned it originally from new and then passed it on to the lady from whom I bought it ,so I have known the car from new.

I did ask for first refusal on the car about two years before buying it, and sadly the lady was finding using and maintaining the car increasingly difficult in 2019 and hence offered it to me.

I look forward to joining you all in the Yaris section.

Hello Paul - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Thank you for the welcome ,it looks to be a friendly place with helpful people.

Welcome Paul....the Yaris is a great litte car..enjoy.

Welcome to the forum Paul, that’s the ideal way to buy any car, knowing it’s full history and the type of owners it’s had. Enjoy the car and the forum 🚗👍

22 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Hello , I would like to introduce myself to your club.

I have been reading the topics in the Yaris section ,and found them very informative.

I have been very fortunate in being offered a 2003 t Sport Yaris in September 2019 from a neighbor's lady friend , the neighbor owned it originally from new and then passed it on to the lady from whom I bought it ,so I have known the car from new.

I did ask for first refusal on the car about two years before buying it, and sadly the lady was finding using and maintaining the car increasingly difficult in 2019 and hence offered it to me.

I look forward to joining you all in the Yaris section.

Thank you for the further welcomes, I appreciate them.

It may seem a unusual  choice to have an 18 year old car when my priorities are reliability and comfort.

But I think a well maintained Toyota is as as good as it gets without going new , and even then the more technology is added , the more there is to go wrong.

I came out of a Honda CRV idect 2.2 diesel , which was a great car .but completely wrong for my use ie short journeys instead of the long motorway travels I had planned for it.

The Yaris wizzes around town with easy parking and at the same time can cope with longer journeys at its comfortable cruising speed of 70-80mph (3500-4000 rpm in fifth gear.

A good car in my opinion ,as an old guy who cut his teeth on Anglia 105 e and Triumph's including herald ,vittese and 2500 .

All the best for now.

Hello Paul, welcome to the T.O.C. Your car sounds great, nowt wrong with a classic Toyota 😄 enjoy it.

Thank you paulinhoT for your kind post.

I was thinking that the T Sport is a modern classic , but thought that was only in my head.

Nice to know that other Toyota enthusiast's think so too.🤩

• Like 1