Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Map Update Problem 2019 RAV4


Recommended Posts

I'm having problems updating the SatNav Map file on a 2019 Mark V XA-50. One poster on the Corolla forum cautions that failed updates can lead to a "bricked" head unit.  Followind the DIY guidance obtained from the local dealer, I've located the free file in the e-Store (apparently we are entitled to upgrades for 36 months from date of first use).

image.thumb.png.ada47f538e6f0d171d4a76721e64fc35.png

but when I select it and go to enter the Toyota Request Code (retrieved form the head unit) I receive this message:

image.thumb.png.da74baab7a788f5f0ddd63caa1fd1d08.png

I have raised a Toyota CR CASE number but the last reply from them simply said: "this issue logged with our dedicated IT department as their is an issue with the request code. I will update you as soon as I hear back from them, this can take some time depending on the complexity of the case." The request code was retrieved form the device and has been carefully entered. The device ID at My.Toyota was originally set to my previous Mk4 but now tallies with the correct vehicle.

Anyone experienced anything similar to this? I am not confident that Toyota have this issue nailed so would be grateful for any input.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have the same model RAV as you so can't give exact advice in your case although there are a couple of things to be aware of:

The car must be turned on properly and in 'Ready' state to avoid a failed update. I have heard of people who have only turned the 'accessory' power on (for example to just listen to the radio) and the car has turned the power off after the timeout period which has resulted in a bricked unit. I have updated mine numerous times without a problem. I start it up, start the update and then leave the car secure while update completes.

From your screenshot it looks like you are downloading the wrong file and won't achieve the map update you are hoping for. You don't go for the 'free' file, you go for the correct update for your unit which I know looks like you have to pay. The Toyota system knows from the vehicle registration and the entry in My Toyota if it qualifies and allows the update free of charge rather than ask you for £119. Trust me, this works well.

The only other thing I would say is to give Toyota some time to sort it, I had a problem where my sat-nav unit didn't exist in the Toyota system but they sorted it in a couple of days. You might have misled them by trying to do the update with the wrong file though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, VeryRAV4 said:

I'm having problems updating the SatNav Map file on a 2019 Mark V XA-50. One poster on the Corolla forum cautions that failed updates can lead to a "bricked" head unit.  Followind the DIY guidance obtained from the local dealer, I've located the free file in the e-Store (apparently we are entitled to upgrades for 36 months from date of first use).

image.thumb.png.ada47f538e6f0d171d4a76721e64fc35.png

but when I select it and go to enter the Toyota Request Code (retrieved form the head unit) I receive this message:

image.thumb.png.da74baab7a788f5f0ddd63caa1fd1d08.png

I have raised a Toyota CR CASE number but the last reply from them simply said: "this issue logged with our dedicated IT department as their is an issue with the request code. I will update you as soon as I hear back from them, this can take some time depending on the complexity of the case." The request code was retrieved form the device and has been carefully entered. The device ID at My.Toyota was originally set to my previous Mk4 but now tallies with the correct vehicle.

Anyone experienced anything similar to this? I am not confident that Toyota have this issue nailed so would be grateful for any input.

 

 

I have the MK4 model. I think you may be going to the wrong map file in the e-store. I had to select 6.16.0L map update which initially had a cost associated to it but then it zeroed in the basket and was free of charge. 

It also helps if you log in to your Toyota account on your head unit. That just automatically links your unit to your profile. 

 

IMG_20210216_125005.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies.

11 minutes ago, raf82 said:

I have the MK4 model. I think you may be going to the wrong map file in the e-store. I had to select 6.16.0L map update which initially had a cost associated to it but then it zeroed in the basket and was free of charge. 

It also helps if you log in to your Toyota account on your head unit. That just automatically links your unit to your profile. 

 

IMG_20210216_125005.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Toyota are still working on the map update issue. Meanwhile, this is the e-Store options that I am currently presented with. 

334646438_TEMP-MyMenu.thumb.PNG.5c209f307d96878719bcf485d3c4a924.PNG

Previously there had been a "6.10.0H" (Sept 2017) file as well as the 6.16.0L (August 2020) referred to above but these have disappeared from my menu. I would be grateful to know if other owners can see the 6.16.0L at this time? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VeryRAV4 said:

Toyota are still working on the map update issue. Meanwhile, this is the e-Store options that I am currently presented with. 

334646438_TEMP-MyMenu.thumb.PNG.5c209f307d96878719bcf485d3c4a924.PNG

Previously there had been a "6.10.0H" (Sept 2017) file as well as the 6.16.0L (August 2020) referred to above but these have disappeared from my menu. I would be grateful to know if other owners can see the 6.16.0L at this time? 

If you press “maps” in the e-store the 2 apps are listed. Oddly they are not listed in the “all” section of the e-store apps. Hope this helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2021 at 12:15 AM, Zoot2 said:

If you press “maps” in the e-store the 2 apps are listed. Oddly they are not listed in the “all” section of the e-store apps. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information. It seems that the problem is with my vehicle, because the "Maps" tab only shows the one file.

 

Capture.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership