Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 Auris rear wheels mudguard set problem

Tigit

Hello folks!
I bought a 2019 (model year) Auris last year. Some days ago I noticed front mudguards of the 'rear-wheels' set, mounted, do not seem to be original ones because rear fender liners are loosened from their position. Consequently dirt from rear wheel goes behind them and I am concerned about potential rust issues. After my complaint, a dealer I had bought the car from (authorised Toyota one), responded this is normal and prevents from mould growing. I do not believe those statements.
It seem Aurises are rear in my area so I cannot see what set they have.
I ask owners of 2nd generation Aurises to what set you have.

According to research, these should be original shape. Am I right? Please help and thanks in advance.

89442950_auris-ii-2-12-18-bryizgovik-kol

There are some photos of problematic flaps ans dirt behind loosened fender liners.

Fotografija0224.jpg

Fotografija0223.jpg

Fotografija0222.jpg

Fotografija0221.jpg

Fotografija0220.jpg

Hi!,

Your car looks to have the same mudflap/deflector fitted in front of the rear wheels as is fitted to our car.  I can see why you think it is the wrong one; this piece of plastic is quite unimpressive, and not very strongly attached to the body.

Something to look out for, if one of these attachments is struck in the normal course of driving and parking (I think a stubborn tuft of grass might be enough), then it can become loose.  It will then rattle and vibrate without you knowing, and slowly rub through some of the nearby paint, which if left unfixed will present a rust problem!  It's a part that is more befitting of a cheap bicycle, not the underneath of a car.

It can be made more secure by finding some slightly thicker self-tapping screws to replace the original ones, which strip out amazingly easily, even when you you have a respect for the weakness of it.

• Thanks 1

Yes, original. On the previous model Auris these are larger and cover nicely part of the carpet liners , looks much better than these ones. Perhaps you can try to clean wheel arches and secure the liners by yourself. Here you can see the part numbers and how they look https://japancars.ru/index.php?route=catalog/toyota&mdf_id=7122&area=EU&cat=166520&blk_id=6101

and here are the mudguards if you would like to look for number for future purchase. 
https://japancars.ru/index.php?route=catalog/toyota&mdf_id=7122&area=EU&cat=166520&blk_id=7601

• Thanks 1

So it is a failed design of simple things. It is going to be challenge cleaning all the dirt out.

What about those? Are they for 2nd generation of Auris too? They seem to fit better.

AURIS-II-2-12-15-5-D-CHLAPACZE-KOLA-KOL-

AURIS-II-2-12-18-CHLAPACZE-KOLA-KOL-PRZO

27 minutes ago, Tigit said:

Are they for 2nd generation of Auris too?

Looking at them briefly, I think that these are for the back of the front wheel arches, and the back of the rear wheel arches, so not directly replacing your rather flimsy ones.

Like these ones on an estate (not my photos):-

post-138549-0-23564300-1397814802.thumb.jpg.7c4a896501d9d12a1eb882ce41d3bb21.jpg

post-138549-0-79466200-1397814831.thumb.jpg.3174ae7372ad57d44f789c13a585cb6a.jpg

As above the part you show is in the front of the arch and is not a Mudguard, Mudguards as you include in your post are as above fitted to the rear of the arch.

The piece you show is a factory part & actually an air guide which is intended to divert the airflow ahead of the wheel and are supposed to reduce noise.

Untitled.png

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses.

On 2/16/2021 at 9:32 AM, Gerg said:

It can be made more secure by finding some slightly thicker self-tapping screws to replace the original ones, which strip out amazingly easily, even when you you have a respect for the weakness of it.

Have you perhaps done that? How does it look like?

• 8 months later...

Hello again!

There is the (late ☺) update: while changing tyres I noticed that boundaries of rear fender liners do not match those of rear fenders. They are just fastened on some points. I am dissapointed that they could not make simple fender liners right. What are your experiences? There are some photos I took.

Fotografija0240.jpg

Fotografija0245.jpg

Fotografija0244.jpg

Fotografija0243.jpg

Fotografija0242.jpg

Fotografija0241.jpg

Fotografija0239.jpg

Fotografija0234.jpg

Fotografija0233.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links