Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leak!

NorfolkNomad

Gave my T27 a quick wash this morning and it has a leak, I just used a hose so no pressure, the door seal looks okay. Any ideas for fixing the leak and getting rid of the stain.

20210216_102346.jpg

Was the door fully closed, are the rubbers in need of replacing?

Yeah, the door was closed, the rubbers seem okay and dry, so I don't think it came in that way.

• Like 1

Is your car an estate or saloon? The estate might have leak seals where the roof bars are fitted. 

Estate, but I think the leak is too low to be from the roof area, I am thinking windscreen or door seal. I've just bought some rubber dressing for the seals, I will give that a try.

• Like 1

Hi. We had, have, the same issue in the same area only ours is a saloon. 

It began at a car wash. Water just started pouring in. The marks didn't stain as we soaped those pillar trims and dried them with a hair dryer upon returning home. It happened a couple times after that incident when it rained really heavy. We just assumed the initial cause was the guy pressure washed a little to hard and damaged a seal maybe.

After that it was home hand washes for awhile. However we've been back to those car wash places a few times since and not a drop inside.

Strange. I have no idea what caused it.

I do hope you find the cause.

I remember somebody mention that it may be related to the weather strips on top of the roof?

Maybe one way to check wich one is leaking (door or windscreen), strip off those panels and pour some water straight around windscreen to check windscreen seals. It could maybe show if seals around windscreen leaks.

Hi, windscreen seal first check although might not be the rubber seals but metal perforated sheets around roof and A pillar, these has white like glue seal that for some reason seems to give away and let water finds its way inside, common fault on other Toyota models at the rear mainly boot and C pillars. You will need to take this white cover off the pillar and watch while someone pour water on top of the car. 👍

Seems like I have found the problem, rain water is not draining away from the scuttle, apparently there are drain holes that can get blocked. The problem now, is finding the drains. Not much info on youtube, Why didn't Haynes do a manual, there have been enough of them sold in the UK???