Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering wheel outside diameter 2021 hybrid

2bikes

Hi all,can anyone with a 2020/21 Rav4 hybrid measure the outside diameter of the steering wheel for me ,got our 2021 Excel in Tokoyo red arriving 1st of March and want to get a Disklok steering lock ordered ready .one was stolen round the corner from us a couple of weeks back ,the owner knew nothing about keyless relay theft or faraday pouches etc😣 ours should have the auto sleeping key but I've got a heavy tin in the draw for keys just in case .Thanks in advance .Ian.

2 hours ago, 2bikes said:

Hi all,can anyone with a 2020/21 Rav4 hybrid measure the outside diameter of the steering wheel for me ,got our 2021 Excel in Tokoyo red arriving 1st of March and want to get a Disklok steering lock ordered ready .one was stolen round the corner from us a couple of weeks back ,the owner knew nothing about keyless relay theft or faraday pouches etc😣 ours should have the auto sleeping key but I've got a heavy tin in the draw for keys just in case .Thanks in advance .Ian.

I have had a small Disklok for a while now and its fit all the cars I have ever had, I cant say it will fit the Rav as I haven't tried it as I don't really see the Rav as desirable but I haven't found a car it didn't fit yet.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 182_blue said:

I have had a small Disklok for a while now and its fit all the cars I have ever had, I cant say it will fit the Rav as I haven't tried it as I don't really see the Rav as desirable but I haven't found a car it didn't fit yet.

Thanks ,its just that they offer 3 sizes with min and max dia for each one . 

Hi

I have 2021 spec model and it is 14.75 inches or 37.50 centimetres depending on what age group you are.😄

regards Terry

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Terry10 said:

Hi

I have 2021 spec model and it is 14.75 inches or 37.50 centimetres depending on what age group you are.😄

regards Terry

Great thanks Terry 👍im old enough to know both metric and imperial 😬

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

My 2020 is also 37.50 cm .

New Question , has anyone the correct info for   " 2020 Rav 4 Hybrid " steering wheel retaining method , some pic's show a standard nut type while other pics show a bolt  with flat head and hex recess . try looking it up on net and see what I mean , Toyota only give the torque for fastening  not even they can give me info I want . If it's a nut I need the size but I suspect it's that flat headed bolt with Hex to which no one gan give me the size . I want to update my steering wheel to D shape but need info before I start . Would also like to install paddle shift system for ease of engine braking / regen charging when towing  while I'm at it .

On 2/16/2021 at 2:44 PM, 2bikes said:

,the owner knew nothing about keyless relay theft or faraday pouches etc😣 ours should have the auto sleeping key but I've got a heavy tin in the draw for keys just in case .Thanks in advance .Ian.

That’s one method but there is another method that doesn’t need to connect with your key so it doesn’t matter if your key is “asleep” or in a Faraday box.

Its a CanBus attack, which is covered in detail on another thread, so until / IF Toyota can offer a fix, you are indeed wise to invest in a quality steering wheel lock.