Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris radio light

toylexus

Hello all.  My radio light has stopped working.  I can see the rear camera image but it's too dark. Unit works fine except for the light. I'm assuming these are led. 

Anyone know can they be fixed or a bulb replaced etc?

You mean to say, the display is not lightning up as it should, the image is there, but it's dark? What kind of radio model is it? Are there any buttons on it, do the buttons light up, or is it just the display that's the issue here?

Thanks furtula. Yes everything else works well just the light on the screen doesn't light up.

It's a CV-vs02f2ae

Model 86140-02030

20210217_133637.jpg

So, the backlight has gone, considering the age, it could be CCFL (imagine a tiny neon light) to light up the screen.

Don't know how good are you with DIY, you can either try to replace it yourself, if you find one, or maybe try LED conversion kit (again, if you find one).

Or you can take it to some place that fixed electronics, i would go with TV repair guys, they do this pretty often.

The parts are cheap if you want to try a DIY solution, but would need to open it up to confirm what kind of backlight it is, and the size.

Also, i think you need to update the profile, i see you have 2007 Auris there, but this is for newer models,  unless you somehow installed it on 2007 one?

Thanks furtula. I've taken it down to this. Whereabouts is the neon light?. Tried two tv repair guys today but didnt want to know.

Sometimes the screen comes on and then off. Could it be a bad solder joint.

20210217_182540.jpg

You need to get access to the screen sides.

Check the sides of the screen, my guess would be the right side, when viewed from the front, but could also be on other places.

I don't know if there's a rule of not, but on tv's i always saw it on the right side, but those were led strips.

On laptops it was top and bottom, those were ccfl lights (tiny neons).

If the screen comes on and off, yeah, could be bad connection. Maybe try to resolder the connections when you find it.

Screen looks complete furtura. Have a look. Has this screen got built in lights?

20210217_204330.jpg

20210217_204320.jpg

20210217_204313.jpg

It's an LCD with LED backlight, is it dark with the headlights on and off ? It may be that the driver board has died, can you see an image if you shine a light in the display

I would just pick up a used one or if you can post the model no. or a pic of the sticker on the back of the display, i will see if i have a spare

LED or CCFL, it still needs to be there to illuminate the screen. Here's how it looks like, in this picture it's LED, to give you a better idea how it might look like.

The screen is then nested next to it. So could be in that metal casing that is not opened.

Better wait for update from flash22 before tearing it apart tho, he might have more useful info. 

image.thumb.png.69ecaa6f8fcf6684e3ac000e252843da.png

Sorry i meant the back of the display unit its self

I have not had to touch an LCD apart as i just swap the module

Thanks flash. Can u actually buy the LCD screen?.

Spoke to a tv guy yesterday who said the light cant be replaced. 

Another thing he said yesterday was that some of them have to go to toyota to be reprogrammed to the brain as there's no longer any radio codes.

20210219_105523.jpg

It doesn't need to be coded to the car, if you can post the model number from the display module, i will see if i have a spare, I have repaired a few touch 2's and have genuine parts that are tested and working

Take the display out of its mount there is a label that is on the back. You can see in the corner of it, in your pic

1195177272_auristt2disp(Large).thumb.jpg.143e6d0fb3f2e9787679615dc1e53389.jpg

Mate, let's simplify it, it's just a light, that makes the screen bright, so you can see the pretty colors,  that's it. True, they are long life leds, and maybe some special brands, the ones i saw on TV's have special lenses, so that the whole screen illuminates evenly, and without any dark/white spots.

If flash does not have the part, atleast you will have a part number to search online, beats getting a new unit.

5 hours ago, furtula said:

Mate, let's simplify it, it's just a light, that makes the screen bright, so you can see the pretty colors,  that's it. True, they are long life leds, and maybe some special brands, the ones i saw on TV's have special lenses, so that the whole screen illuminates evenly, and without any dark/white spots.

If flash does not have the part, atleast you will have a part number to search online, beats getting a new unit.

Absolutely. It's the reversing camera I miss most

Sorry i do not have one of those but if you search eBay there are a few for sale - search LA061WQ1

Weird how when you search that part on eBay, prices are like 75 GBP or something, check on aliexpress, and they are like 70% cheaper, which is more realistic.

Ok flash thanks. Thanks to all for help and advice. Greatly appreciated.