Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying a new 2021 diesel, should I be worried about DPF issues

Jameson

Hi hope someone can help. Im considering buying a Proace Compact van, a new one 2021 plate. However im concerned about the consequences of having DPF issues in the future. My journeys will mostly be fairly short runs in a city environment with maybe one longer run out to the motorway for about 20 miles per fortnight. I realise the newer Proace is a rebadged PSA offering, but does anyone know if their DPF's can hold up to city driving ? Will they carry out an "active regen" while at the traffic lights or in a traffic jam ? The Proace compact is the perfect sized van for me but the potential issues with the DPF due to my mostly short journeys (5-6 miles per day) is putting me off. I suppose I just want someone to tell me all will be okay due to the PSA group having decent DPF's nowdays. Also I might as well ask while im here; do the 2021 Proace vans use Eolys fluid or has this been superseded by Adblue ? Does the Adblue prevent the filter getting blocked ?  Thanks for any answers it is appreciated.

According to Parkers, the Berlingo uses AdBlue - I would suggest the Proace City would be the same.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a 2006 Lexus 2.2 Diesel and you had to drive it 3 miles to get it up to temp! Awful MPG 33-38 mpg. Turbo lag. 6th gear unusable as gets bogged under 75mph!

6 miles a day in a City is crazy for a diesel. Buy a petrol! The headgasket went at 187,000 and by far my worst ever buy. Diesel, never again. Have an Auris Hybrid now and good mpg. Averaging 54mpg atm.

Diesels really need regular long runs. Ideally commuting good distances to work, where used regular and warmed up well.

James.👍