Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota "quality" or lack of?

mrpj

Sand and repaint the spring. Replace drop link bushes with polyurethane type. Tyres sound as if they are aged; how many miles do you drive annually?

1 hour ago, Madasafish said:

Underside of vehicle recently rust proofed"

What exactly are they advising you of?

Car only does 1k miles/year - shopping. But Covid reduced that to 500.

The tyres are 10 years old Michelin Energy: shall use them until they fail and replace with cheaper ones.

I cleaned car underside last year before the MOT in Feb 2020 and waxed/Dinitrolled all the rear suspension mounting areas plus the inner sills all the way to the front wheelarches. The paint was peeling and aluminised metal showing and aluminium wearing off. No advisory last year for the new underseal but this year for it!  I assume it's a "we can't see any rust which may be concealedand cannot scrape it off" - so backside covering.

20 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Good job done, looks nice and clean. I also used blueprint and covered 20k miles over the summer, so fat so good, I hope they will last at least 100k. 👍

Thanks Tony. I was pleasantly surprised at how pristine the brake hardware is. It's exactly as it was after the drum was removed.

The two small marks on the backplate are from the two bolts used, dare I say?, to jack off the hub!

Hopefully to last more than 30k miles!

• Thanks 1