Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2SZ-FE and 2NZ-FE what is the difference????

Theflyingpostman

I am currently owned a Yaris 1.3 2NZ-FE, the car is in a bad condition with rust, worn seats it has done 223000 miles, the MOT need quite a few things need to repair. I felt it better to get another Yaris because it is the best car I have ever own. I went to look one of the late model Yaris with 1.3 2SZ-FE, I can see the inlet manifold is different. I was wonder if the both 2SZ-FE and 2NZ-FE have same power, same mpg different road tax band? Does the MMT automatic induction on later model of Yaris 1.3 mark one? 

22 hours ago, Theflyingpostman said:

I am currently owned a Yaris 1.3 2NZ-FE, the car is in a bad condition with rust, worn seats it has done 223000 miles, the MOT need quite a few things need to repair. I felt it better to get another Yaris because it is the best car I have ever own. I went to look one of the late model Yaris with 1.3 2SZ-FE, I can see the inlet manifold is different. I was wonder if the both 2SZ-FE and 2NZ-FE have same power, same mpg different road tax band? Does the MMT automatic induction on later model of Yaris 1.3 mark one? 

They are a completely different engine, the 2sz has slightly more hp but you won't notice

• Like 1

The earlier one is the 2sz-fe (cast iron block, Up to 2006), The 2NZ-FE (All alloy engine) is later in the P10 and Gen 2, the 1NR-FE is the 1.33 (2008 onwards)

iirc the 2NZ was in the Jap built cars

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links