Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Land cruisers 4wd Systems

4x4Steve

could any land cruiser owners tell me which ones have permanent 4wd,  

at the moment i believe the 70 series do not, the 80 series are 4wd but not compatible  i think the prada and Amazon are not, 

but did find mention of a (J150) what ever that is might be permanent 4wd, so anyone can fill in any blanks i would be grateful

10 minutes ago, 4x4Steve said:

could any land cruiser owners tell me which ones have permanent 4wd,  

at the moment i believe the 70 series do not, the 80 series are 4wd but not compatible  i think the prada and amazon are not, 

but did find mention of a (J150) what ever that is might be permanent 4wd, so anyone can fill in any blanks i would be grateful

I believe all landcruisers ever made are permanent 4wd systems

the 80 series and the 100 series are permanent 4wd

rest are rwd

Depends on what market you are in and ho far you want to back, however in the UK:

90,95 Series Colorado 96-2003 ( Prado elsewhere ) are all 4wd with manually selectable low range

Toyota Land Cruiser Light Duty Series Colorado 'J90' (1996 - 2003) used car  review | Car review | RAC Drive

120,125 Series 2003-2009 ( Prado elsewhere ) Just Landcruiser in UK are all 4wd with manually selectable low range

Toyota Land Cruiser Light Duty Series 'J120' (2003 - 2009) used car review  | Car review | RAC Drive

150 series 2009>today ( Prado elsewhere ) just Landcruiser in UK are all 4wd with Electronically selectable low range

2010 Toyota Land Cruiser 150 Prado 5-door - UK version - Free high  resolution car images

80 Series 1990-1998 Land cruiser in UK are all 4wd with manually selectable low range

What's the Best Year for the Toyota Land Cruiser?

100 Series 1998 Land cruiser Amazon in UK are all 4wd with manually selectable low range in early models with electronic in later models

Toyota Land Cruiser 100 image #13

200 Series Land cruiser V8 in UK are all 4wd with Electronically selectable low range

New car sales price Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series - Car News | CarsGuide

Lots of info Here

On 2/21/2021 at 2:46 PM, Toyota4age said:

the 80 series and the 100 series are permanent 4wd

rest are rwd

Hilux are Rwd but Land cruiser in UK are 4wd

On 2/22/2021 at 9:53 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Hilux are Rwd but Land cruiser in UK are 4wd

Hes asking about which ones are PERMANENT 4WD, = 80 and 100 series

21 hours ago, Toyota4age said:

Hes asking about which ones are PERMANENT 4WD, = 80 and 100 series

In the UK they are all permanent 4wd with lo/hi range transfer boxes, none of them offer 2wd

• 4 months later...

The 70’s were UK spec cars with part time 4wd. Earlier models, 60, 55, 40 Series are also selectable 4wd. Imports vary. My FJ is selectable (auto trans) but the manual trans is permanent.