Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear parking sensors

satts67

Does anyone know if the button on the dash for the rear park assist (when activated) the LED Icons flash all the time? I was led to believe that they only flash when reverse is selected? I find it annoying that they flash all the time when im driving and worry if I turn them off I will forget to turn them on again and hit something when reversing as I nearly did recently. Are they not supposed to deactivate when driving over a certain speed like the 4WD lock does? I am convinced there is fault with them...what is the correct operation please? Cheers guys.

Isn’t that to control the FRONT parking sensors? I have them (2008 model). 
I forgot what it does, start them above 10mph or stop them below... Nor aware of a button controlling the rear. 

ISTR the part number is TP800, can you find an online manual that explains it?

11 hours ago, satts67 said:

Does anyone know if the button on the dash for the rear park assist (when activated) the LED Icons flash all the time? I was led to believe that they only flash when reverse is selected? I find it annoying that they flash all the time when im driving and worry if I turn them off I will forget to turn them on again and hit something when reversing as I nearly did recently. Are they not supposed to deactivate when driving over a certain speed like the 4WD lock does? I am convinced there is fault with them...what is the correct operation please? Cheers guys.

Rear parking sensors should activate only when reverse gear is selected and be inactive the rest of the time. Speed isn't relevant to rear parking sensors.

I drove a 2013 D-CAT auto for seven years. It had both front and rear parking sensors. For the rears there was a switch inside the boot to disable them when towing to stop them from alerting you to the trailer or anything else carried on the back. Since I didn't tow etc. I never had to disable them other than to prove the system worked. The fronts had a switch just forward of the gear selector. These had to be disabled all the time, except when explicitly wanted, or they'd alert me to the narrowness of a lane (seeing a hedge or bank) or the fact I'd pulled up behind a car in a traffic queue.

I didn't have a button "on the dash" for the rear park assist so I'm guessing that your 2013 D-CAT auto has a different system fitted? A photo might prove the point ...

Thanks for this. When the switch is pressed to disable then pressed again to re-enable, the right rear sensor bleeps and flashes regardless so something is not quite right. I did reverse into a post recently (luckily) hitting the tow bar so may have damaged some wiring underneath the rear bumper, although nothing obvious is visible. It is booked in to the garage as its still under warranty - I might get lucky...

On 2/21/2021 at 9:58 AM, Dippy said:

ISTR the part number is TP800, can you find an online manual that explains it?

TPA800.  Here's the manual.

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{11DDB08B-1F4F-0BEC-D884-C2541BC01F4F}/TPA800 AOM 000 032-1 PZ464-00425-00 PZ464-N0425-00 PZ464-X0425-00 PZ464-E8425-00.pdf 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links