Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wishbone Advice

Ant-Rav

The wishbone on the rear drivers side of my old 03 Rav broke away from the main chassis of the car yesterday (where it joins onto the chassis) chassis obviously rotten and weakened from many years driving. I was very lucky as i was on a side road and not the main road. Probably only doing about 25 mph, the car started to shake violently from side to side i put my foot on the brake and the car spun round to a stop sideways across the road i didn't hit anything luckily, If i had been travelling at 50mph or more on a main road it would have been a very different story. Car is scrap as it would cost to much to repair and MOT, a word of advice to anyone driving an older Rav on the forum to check this area for corrosion, really i suppose  on both sides of the car. I talked to a man about trying to repair it and he said that i was the second case he had. It would be a horrible thing to happen to anyone at speed and obviously very dangerous.