Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Terrible Paint Quality (2019 TS)

AKLZ

I always resisted the offer of protective coatings applied by a dealership. To do this properly would require stripping back the existing protection with thorough washing, clay bar treatment to remove contamination (yes even new cars will be contaminated with fall out from brake discs, tree sap and other bonded contamination), potentially machine polishing to remove any damage caused by incorrect washing by the handling company and finally the careful application of the treatment product. Could you really trust the dealer (or sub contractor) to do all of this thoroughly? And that’s if you believe the treatment even gives any long term protection to the paint anyway- which I don’t

4 hours ago, AKLZ said:

Hello, how much did this glasscoat treatment cost? I’m having a really tough time even getting ballpark estimates online or via email. Everyone says ‘bring the car down so we can discuss it’ and I don’t really have time.

thanks!

I had to look that up as this Gen3 was applied prior to my taking delivery of the car in June 2019. It was £295 at that time. However, I don't know if that was the regular price or a special price offer for new car buyers.

As the reply above suggested this is not a permanent coating but it IS hard wearing and I imagine it would normally last the 5 years it is guaranteed for and probably a few years on top of that. As a point of interest the treatment plan also included some sort of protective application to the interior fabrics to reduce staining and whatnot.  Now I don't do high mileage and wash my cars infrequently  - I think all this helps prolong the life of this type of coating. I had something similar on my previous car (VW), also from new, and the paintwork still looked great eight years later.

As for the quality I have no complaints. My Toyota dealer applied this treatment... they have high standards and the finish was faultless. It may not be for everyone but I for one am very happy with my choice. 

Is it possible for you to take close up photos of your paint, chips, swirls etc... 

I dont think I have any problems, my car has done 40.000 km by now. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links