Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adjust throttle response?

bechdan

Aside from buying some £200 mod box is there any way to increase the idle speed on a 2016 yaris petrol engine? I find the revs drop too quick between gear shifts and I stall it like no other car i've driven when manoeuvring. The MAF and sensor is clean and its serviced regularly by Toyota.

Any thoughts welcomed.

19 hours ago, bechdan said:

I find the revs drop too quick between gear shifts and I stall it like no other car i've driven when manoeuvring.

People seem to complain about revs 'hanging' on modern petrol engines (due to emission control, I believe), not dropping too quick. It shouldn't be a problem when changing gear on the move, as the car will effectively 'bump start' itself if the engine stops. Which engine do you have (1.0 or 1.3) and how long have you had the car?

Modern tech, small engine = give it more revs when pulling off from stand still

1.3 petrol, wife has had the car since it was 3yo/22k miles now on 80k miles. I drive it occasionally, my usual car is a 1.5 dCi diesel. Ive been driving 22 years and had a variety of petrols and diesels in that time

Feather a bit more throttle, petrols don't have the low down torque of diesels and the 1.5dci has plenty also the high pressure turbo helps (circa 16 psi)

The 1.3 likes to rev it makes its power higher up the rev range and sings when in/on the VVTi

thats what ive been doing just seems a shame theres no way of upping the revs a little, used to be easy with cable throttle

oh well, thanks for the input everyone