Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Corolla due real soon

ZXClaire

I've been through the hoops of exchanging my Auris for a new Corolla Icon Tech 1.8 😀

Apparently it's been built so I assume its in a car park near Derby. Does anyone know how long it takes to deliver the car to the dealer?

Thank you 

Don't know the answer to your question but wanted to say congrats on your purchase. Keep us updated on how you get on with it once arrived.

How do you know it has been built????   Could it be the same person who told you that, who would have to be in the know, probably be able to tell you how long is normal for delivery to dealer.

Good choice, I picked up a New Icon Tech 4 weeks ago, from memory it took about 3 weeks from being told it was built,  to Dealer phoning me to arrange collection

7 minutes ago, Catlover said:

How do you know it has been built????   Could it be the same person who told you that, who would have to be in the know, probably be able to tell you how long is normal for delivery to dealer.

The MyT app on my phone says it's been built. I did end up emailing the dealer who confirmed it's built and think they should get it by the end of the week. Fingers crossed eh? 🙂

• Like 1

I ordered a Corolla excel on Friday. Does anyone know what the turn around time from order to delivery is? 
Feels like it’s going to take forever! 

14 hours ago, Snowstorm3611 said:

I ordered a Corolla excel on Friday. Does anyone know what the turn around time from order to delivery is? 
Feels like it’s going to take forever! 

No idea. The dealer is your expert and will tell you. Mine took 16 weeks, others got theirs in 6. It all depends on the model, any extra's, colour, and what the factory is producing at any given time.

14 hours ago, Snowstorm3611 said:

Does anyone know what the turn around time from order to delivery is? 

Speak to your dealer, you should be able to track the Toyota journey from order/build/delivery, once the order has been placed/paid for etc

Well apparently it's due to arrive in the next couple of days. Then to hope the dealer is quiet and it can be ready to go at the weekend. 

2 minutes ago, ZXClaire said:

Well apparently it's due to arrive in the next couple of days. Then to hope the dealer is quiet and it can be ready to go at the weekend. 

They will want the car delivered ASAP so won't be holding onto it, they get paid on delivery 😉

Just now, Parts-King said:

They will want the car delivered ASAP so won't be holding onto it, they get paid on delivery 😉

I'd like it on or before the 1st as the insurance on my Auris needs renewing then!!

I think sales must be quiet, if not the service dept. My dealer is contacting me constantly to discuss "My finance agreement". I am over half way through my PCP, and they want me to buy a new plate! With only 9K on the clock and lock down, it does not seem a viable option to buy a new car which is the same except for Android Auto which I don't use, and a new plate. 

So hopefully your dealer can turn it around quickly for you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Timmon said:

I think sales must be quiet,

Most businesses in the country are in the same boat :boat: :boat:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

Most businesses in the country are in the same boat :boat: :boat:

Yes, very true. Not really having a go at my dealer, they have always been excellent, which is why I bought from them rather than Mercedes, due to the superior sales experience from Toyota. It must be hard for the sales guys to hit targets right now, especially if the only USP is a new plate and Android Auto. 

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Sinking boats you mean 😢 

Just below the Plimsoll line Tony 😭

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Timmon said:

I think sales must be quiet, if not the service dept. My dealer is contacting me constantly to discuss "My finance agreement". I am over half way through my PCP, and they want me to buy a new plate! With only 9K on the clock and lock down, it does not seem a viable option to buy a new car which is the same except for Android Auto which I don't use, and a new plate. 

So hopefully your dealer can turn it around quickly for you.

Interestingly my dealer (in Scotland) has been flat out in sales since last May. I know the sales guys pretty well and am sure they're not spinning a line. 

• Like 1

Not sure what the Scottish situation is but in Wales the showrooms are closed with only online sales 

There was a lot of confusion initially in Scotland but dealers are allowed click and collect. Some offer unaccompanied test drives but others don't. 

Just now, Deek said:

There was a lot of confusion initially in Scotland but dealers are allowed click and collect. Some offer unaccompanied test drives but others don't. 

Same here, it's been legally challenged in England that you CAN have accompanied test drives, but morally a lot don't want that, which is fair enough. We are doing click and collects etc, and have indeed sold a lot of vehicles, it's just the showroom is a changed environment now, not for the better either with people staying away, no TV, coffee etc, weird. 

• Like 1

I recall mine sat in a field near Cromford for about a week before it made it to the dealer. The MyT app allowed me to track its journey. 

It arrived at the dealer earlier today. 🙂

Collecting it on Monday. Happy days. 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2021 at 11:51 AM, ZXClaire said:

I'd like it on or before the 1st as the insurance on my Auris needs renewing then!!

Your new car should be with the dealership next week. Also, you’re better off getting it on or after March 1st because of the new 21 registration plate. Just renew your Auris insurance as normal and then swap over the details when you take delivery of your new Corolla. Simples!

38 minutes ago, Dan Gleebitz said:

Your new car should be with the dealership next week. Also, you’re better off getting it on or after March 1st because of the new 21 registration plate. Just renew your Auris insurance as normal and then swap over the details when you take delivery of your new Corolla. Simples!

It arrived today. I'm picking it with a 21 plate on Monday.

Squeeeee!

1 minute ago, ZXClaire said:

It arrived today. I'm picking it with a 21 plate on Monday.

Squeeeee!

That’s brilliant news. Enjoy! 👍🏻