Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo diffusion grille

jay8bc21

This is an odd question but i need to ask it lol, in the centre of the dash above the radio on an Aygo there is a diffusion grille, can the grill be replaced with an infill? Or is it ok to cover the grille? I just find it quite ugly looking. 

From your profile, don't you mean C1.

The grill is there, in conjunction with the side vents, to provide a flow of air into the cabin, and may also assist with demisting the windscreen. Neither Toyota nor Stellantis provide an infill to block an air vent. Covering it will reduce the air flow into the cabin, and may also adversely affect demisting. 

Hi Paul, and welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

If the least of your worries on a 10 year old car is, in your view, an ugly dash grill then the car is doing well. 🤠.   Logic tells me that the manufacturer has put the grill there for a purpose, and Frosty has explained it clearly.

As Frosty says, it's there to demist the windscreen. IMHO, these cars suffer from particulrly bad fogging of the windscreen, so I wouldn't advise blocking that vent.

• Like 1

I agree with all the above. Admittedly the only thing that gets on my nerves is how dusty it gets. I often brush mine out weekly! I know

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, I realise it sounds petty but I am a bit sensory and silly things like this can bother me lol

3 hours ago, jay8bc21 said:

Thanks for the replies, I realise it sounds petty but I am a bit sensory and silly things like this can bother me lol

Not at all, everyone's different, I like that you brought it up, and it proves to me...that im not the ONLY CRAZY ONE lol!

These Aygo's are too cute but have their issues, bit like mwah!

All the best!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links