Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Toyota estima hybrid 2008 roof mounted DVD screen


Recommended Posts

Hi! I have just bought a 2008 Estima Hybrid import which is great but I can’t get the roof mounted screen to turn on. It was working fine and mirroring the dash screen but now just won’t come on. I’ve hooked up a DVD through the AV ports and bought a NTCS/PAL converter. This works great and the image comes through the dash screen (when parked) but I’d like to get the roof one working for the kids. Any ideas on what to do? I’ve gone through all the buttons I can think of but nothing seems to be working. TIA

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/23/2021 at 9:48 AM, Rob Stewart said:

Hi! I have just bought a 2008 Estima Hybrid import which is great but I can’t get the roof mounted screen to turn on. It was working fine and mirroring the dash screen but now just won’t come on. I’ve hooked up a DVD through the AV ports and bought a NTCS/PAL converter. This works great and the image comes through the dash screen (when parked) but I’d like to get the roof one working for the kids. Any ideas on what to do? I’ve gone through all the buttons I can think of but nothing seems to be working. TIA

Hello Rob,

You aren't the only one with this problem. It has been documented previously and I believe the resolution is either to obtain the original remote control or replace the rear screen with a UK one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Paulscarbs said:

Hello Rob,

You aren't the only one with this problem. It has been documented previously and I believe the resolution is either to obtain the original remote control or replace the rear screen with a UK one.

Ain't that the truth, Paul...how's the Trannie going btw...still got it.?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RUToyota said:

Ain't that the truth, Paul...how's the Trannie going btw...still got it.?

Hey Neil, yeah still got it and it's going strong too. Been across Spain in it, to Scotland in it - loaded both times - and it is great. It's better now I have replaced the rear diff allowing for lower engine revs and fitted cruise control meaning my right ankle doesn't hurt after miles of driving (bus style).

No match for the comfort of the Estima!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership