Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will a full size spare fit?

Pebbles28

Hi,

I'm considering adding a full size spare to my 2016 Auris D-4D. There is currently a space saver, but I'm wondering if a full size spare will fit in the existing compartment. 

Can anyone advise on this, and whether it's a good idea?

• 1 month later...

A month late, but, yes it's a good idea.

Firstly, before commiting, I would measure the overall width and diameter of one of your tyres/wheels (height when laying flat ), then the distance between the bottom of the compartment and the underside of the boot floor, and the diameter of the compartment.

Jeff advises that he has a full size spare but dimensions could have changed from 2008 to 2016 and it was possibly standard supply then?

A different car, I know, a full size spare will fit in my Yaris but the boot floor doesn't lay fully down. I did make a raised floor which was the solution.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 4:07 PM, Pebbles28 said:

Hi,

I'm considering adding a full size spare to my 2016 Auris D-4D. There is currently a space saver, but I'm wondering if a full size spare will fit in the existing compartment. 

Can anyone advise on this, and whether it's a good idea?

Hi, there is another post similar to this just below it is about hybrid Auris  but I believe  the boot compartment is the same and yes you can fit full size wheel in but it is not recommended by Toyota since may protrude a bit and rise the floor board. My best advice is to jack up your car, take off one of the wheels and try it for yourself, if happy how fits in then you can  buy another spare full size wheel with tyre. 👍