Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 2014 Pollen Filter

Techead

Just wondering if anyone recommends any filters other than the Genuine Toyota ones? If so, where can I get them from and how much?

I see Toyota charge £45 (during a service) for the standard air filter, and £55 for enhanced (no idea what enhanced is)

The enhanced one is activated carbon

Mahle. Bosch or Hengst all work well and are under £15 for the carbon one, The oem one is under £20 - frankly those prices are a rip off for what in essence is a 2-min job

It's the same as the yaris, behind the glove box - plenty of vids on YouTube

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

See the following on standard and enhanced cabin filters - https://www.toyota-europe.com/service-and-accessories/genuine-parts/cabin-air-filter-new

Enhanced filters may be more beneficial for asthma sufferers, etc.

I've commented on this before and that was that I felt 'ripped off' when I accepted having a new pollen filter during a service.

Considering the service schedule says 'inspect and replace if necessary' I thought it was sharp practice to charge 0.25 hours labour to remove and fit a new filter whereas removing and then refitting the same filter back again, which has to be done if it is inspected, is included in the service price.

• Like 1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173521013506

This is what I use and change every 10k miles or 1 year, high quality filter and does the job very well, easy to change. , probably the most important filter in any car as it’s directly impact your health especially if you drive a lot and in dense populated places or busy motorways. Pictures below shows difference between new and 10k miles old, significant and the does smells like petrol fumes. Feel sorry for bike riders that does not use any sort of masks or anything. 

A89D1741-1C0C-426A-9C4F-D3AE73730FB2.jpeg

A58A89B2-6546-41C1-A0CA-E3B2A111F849.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

The enhanced one is activated carbon

Mahle. Bosch or Hengst all work well and are under £15 for the carbon one, The oem one is under £20 - frankly those prices are a rip off for what in essence is a 2-min job

It's the same as the yaris, behind the glove box - plenty of vids on YouTube

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LBWWRY2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_3HRK9MCP7AJBX0H8JVE6

Would this be the Bosch Carbon filter one?

• 4 months later...

Here’s the original cabin pollen filter from my 2016 Auris Excel hybrid hatchback. (My car has fully automatic climate control). Part number: 87138-YZZ16

eBay is a good source for filters. 
Hope this info helps. 🙂👍🏻

2AE9F7BD-2BC9-4B3D-9C5D-CE979C09BC57.jpeg

1 hour ago, DaddyBaddy said:

Here’s the original cabin pollen filter from my 2016 Auris Excel hybrid hatchback. (My car has fully automatic climate control). Part number: 87138-YZZ16

eBay is a good source for filters. 
Hope this info helps. 🙂👍🏻

2AE9F7BD-2BC9-4B3D-9C5D-CE979C09BC57.jpeg

Sorry - I mistyped the part number.

It was Part number: 87139-YZZ16

It’s a 5 minute job to replace it yourself. Simple DIY job. It’s behind the glovebox. 

23 hours ago, DaddyBaddy said:

It’s a 5 minute job to replace it yourself. Simple DIY job. It’s behind the glovebox. 

Yes, it is and as written in the first posting, an eye watering £45/£55 for "normal" and "enhanced" respectively. Nice little earner!

Seeing old filter for first time,it was clogged with debris,that would finish up in the cabin,without a filter.

make sure it is changed,by seeing the old one.

Definitely diy job euro car parts